Wanted - Datsun / Britax Seat Belt Stalk OR 2x Seat Belts | The Z Club of Great Britain
  1. The Z Club relies on the support of it's paid members - join the club or renew your membership here.

Wanted - Datsun / Britax Seat Belt Stalk OR 2x Seat Belts

Discussion in 'Parts and Other Items Wanted' started by Paul_S, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Paul_S

Paul_S
    Z Club Member

I thought I was getting close to putting the 240Z in for an MOT but I just found I need one of the following (because this one doesn't latch and it doesn't seem to be a serviceable part) :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you don't have one then perhaps you have a set of complete 3-point belts I could buy?

2. Paul_S

Paul_S
    Z Club Member

I forgot to mention, my current seat belts are 3 point ones with no inertia reel. I might be interested in upgrading to inertia belts if they'll fit without too much trouble.

3. JK240

JK240
    Z Club Member

I might have a couple of those in the garage, I will have a look tonight when I get home and let you know, cheers.

Paul_S likes this.
  4. dav118118

dav118118
    Z Club Member

Oh if you have any spare ones after Paul’s sorted I could do with one too. I’m in the same position as Paul although I had to swap mine out for a cheap and cheerful one! Luke

5. JK240

JK240
    Z Club Member

Hi Paul, I have only one, not sure what happened to the other, but it is a bit rough not really any good for a concours car.
    I can send you some photos if you like...?

Paul_S likes this.
  6. Paul_S

Paul_S
    Z Club Member

Hi mate, thanks for checking :)

For the time being I've ordered a single Securon 300/30 belt for the passenger side to see how that is. I might end up buying a second for the driver side, or I might take you up on your offer.

If I go down the Securon route (either static or inertia reel) then I will also have a single working Britax one up for grabs.

I'll keep you posted :)

7. jonbills

jonbills
    ZClub Administrator
    Staff Member Committee Member

Anyone got the Securon 500/30 fitted? I’d be interested to know how they are - I’ve got MSA inertia reel belts which are ok but rather irritating because the receiver part is on a strap rather than a stalk like the original and the Securon.

8. dav118118

dav118118
    Z Club Member

Ok Paul thanks

9. Paul_S

Paul_S
    Z Club Member

I'm investigating this. I don't necessarily want the hassle of drilling holes to locate the inertia reel though. Hopefully someone can fill us in with some info in this post --> http://zclub.net/community/index.php?threads/anyone-upgraded-240-seat-belts.10838/ :)

10. yellowz

yellowz
    Z Club Member

I have a 73 left hooker with these belts fitted, pics below hopefully.

I went from static belts to these. I used the bolt mounting point for the recessed belt to attach the inertia component (had to completely dismantle it and turn the strap 180 degrees) to get the belt the right way round with no twists. With S2000 seats they work well they are at full stretch when I'm in. At 5' 7" I sit quite far forward.

20180330_164634.jpg 20180330_164641.jpg 20180330_164650.jpg 20180330_164714.jpg

Paul_S likes this.
  11. jonbills

jonbills
    ZClub Administrator
    Staff Member Committee Member

Thanks, that’s helpful.

12. datsfun

datsfun
    Z Club Member

13. Paul_S

Paul_S
    Z Club Member

That's very interesting.... Thanks for the link :)

14. Paul_S

Paul_S
    Z Club Member

Mine arrived today but I'm not convinced it's the right size for the car. It fits but you need to have the seat all the way back and to be slim for it to fit around you!

I need to investigate further to make sure I've not done something silly, and take some more photos so I will report back in the next day or 2.

15. yellowz

yellowz
    Z Club Member

Think you are right, mine would be a tight fit for a larger person.

16. Paul_S

Paul_S
    Z Club Member

Yeah, I laid both belts next to each other before I fit the new one, but I wish I'd opened them both up to full length to compare them.

One thing I did notice when I fitted it was that there is another potential mounting point for the inertial reel. If you look at the pic below you can see the yellow circle around the usual mount, but there is another threaded hole circled in green. I wonder of the reel could go there. It would mean drilling a hole in the plastics...

[​IMG]

17. yellowz

yellowz
    Z Club Member

Will that accommodate the reel being mounted vertically?

18. Paul_S

Paul_S
    Z Club Member

Quite possibly not. Is that a requirement? I assumed so and asked if that was the case on the other thread.

19. yellowz

yellowz
    Z Club Member

Sorry must have missed that question.

20. Rob Gaskin

Rob Gaskin Treasurer in training Staff Member Committee Member

Guys I saw a set of new Datsun belts advertised this week.

I've 'phoned the seller and he is going to send pics to me later today.

They are Datsun Britax static belts. He thinks they are for a 180B.

I'll post pics.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
    Paul_S likes this.