Wanted : Aluminium Radiator

240Z Man

Well-Known Forum User
Hi,
Coming to the end of my re-build, now ready to install a radiator and looking for a crossflow radiator with hoses :thumbs:.

Any suggestions were to buy ? and what sort of prices ?

samuri-240

Well-Known Forum User
240zman is looking for a cross flow aluminium rad, MSA is probably the best place to get a cross flow one from.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
What is the reason for wanting a 'Crossflow' rad rather than a vertical rad. ?

As far as I was always taught as water cools it drops and therefore naturally flows in a cyclic way around the cooling system. In fact my first car didn't even have a water pump it relied on a system called 'Thermo-syphon' i.e. hot water entered the top of the rad, cooled and exited from the bottom. It then got heated by the engine, rose to the top of the system and the whole cyclic motion started again - 'simples'.

richiep

Club Member
Arizona Z Cars also sell an aluminium crossflow. Works out a bit cheaper than the MSA one, although you will need to source the hoses (I made up the top hose from two 90deg silicone pieces with a reducer connection between them and the bottom uses a 280zx bottom rad hose switched backwards with a slight trim off one end). See my gallery for some of the engine pics.

johnymd

Club Member
I guess it depends on your budget as to who you buy from. If your set on crossflow and buy from a UK source then they tend to be in the £350 - £450 range. If you buy from the USA they they go around $200. Once you include shipping and duty this should cost you around £250. Summit racing seam as good as any. You will need to measure the space you have and pick a rad with the outlets on the right locations. They do universal rads in all sorts of configurations. One of our members uses a Griffin one with an RB engine and this should cost you around £250 landed with duty.

If you can live with an ugly looking conventional ali rad then the ebay Z ones are only £150 landed with duty.