Wales drive 2010

martinmac

Inactive
Just taking a few minutes out from applying aftersun to whats left of my face after a fantastic weekend in Wales. Its the first time I have had chance to enjoy the roof down experience this year and it was really hot.

We were based at the Moreton Park Hotel near Wrexham and they did a great job of looking after us all weekend. Great food and excellent service.

The first day was a 200 mile drive down to Rhayader taking in some great driving roads. After a stop off for lunch the guys drove back to to hotel by another route. It was then time to chill with a few drinks and a meal for the 60 people who were now attending.

For the Sunday drive we took in our usual route down to Bala where we parked by the lake and had a carvery at a local pub which fortunately had ceiling fans. We had 50 cars by now so it was busy.

Due to the weather the roads were very busy so the pace was quite slow. After luch we headed up into the mountains and had a drinks stop at the Sportsmans before taking in part of the famous Evo Triangle.

A great weekend which will be difficult to top.

I am also pleased to say that there were no incidents over the two days.

Anyway, some pics.

79e2a1a2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

martinmac

Inactive
Saturdaty afternoon
pDJu7XLSOy.jpg

foDJOp0qVF.jpg

Beavis wanted to fall asleep to a Lullaby but got more than he bargained for from the room next door!!! :lol:
zhWGafzRMn.jpg

Last minute cleaning!
DG51o6Izxg.jpg

Safe parking away from the crowds where he can keep an eye on the beast.
K4YluPhtU1.jpg

irrXzrSmJV.jpg

dEB9ZadJqi.jpg

Chris's brand new 500 miles only 370! Safe from the madding crowd - very nice B)
heAjLljTyg.jpg

Mart always has to mod that little bit more than anyone else - Flags Mart! ;)
OEj5vTb3ts.jpg

Sunday morning
qz4yI6p4Fx.jpg

vn9QQOxhr9.jpg

bDhlLHEBBY.jpg

qz4yI6p4Fx.jpg

plijEl9g3l.jpg

Chris's cool Gangsta number plate LL10 CoolJJK! Reeeeeeeeeeespect in da 'ouse!
tLUezfjDXK.jpg

Sunday morning - the Devil is in the detailing! :lol:
IKvUWPuAF7.jpg

x0BVhFtEQv.jpg

A couple of rusty bottoms...
kbiLgGVq4e.jpg

.....and a shiny bum! :lol: Very nice Black 370 belonging to Matt.
gSRFavebfA.jpg

DK5Sqw9ynN.jpg

martinmac

Inactive
The Big Guns are out!
4qyNLcCN2G.jpg

QhTbH5BdrX.jpg

NjMxKMBAZw.jpg

pTbpwOzJI3.jpg

X7kFPQa0fH.jpg

9X0psdYZnB.jpg

cJQuO69LBi.jpg

QZYOh6I3vP.jpg

Qp3J4vjge8.jpg

'WARNING: Vehicle Reversing!'
mdDBPFH2JA.jpg

The gloves are off and the fangs are out! 370z Fang-off! :p
b5HMlq7MLV.jpg

All roads lead to Datsunville!
AqRokOXbjO.jpg

Bye Bye Beavis ...Beavis bye bye... :band:
o7dDxh7HbM.jpg

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Fantastic array of pictures Martin, so glad you had the good weather this time!

I must admit the styling of the 370Z is growing on me more and more!

You are 'sporting' a few more aftermarket bits, how do you go on with 'sleeping policemen'? Not sleeping with policemen!

Also is having the hood down and experiencing the outdoors on a hot day better than a coupe with the Air Con on? I remember when I sold my motorbike I felt so isolated in a car, however the helmet and leathers were uncomfortable on a hot day.

Great event, I'm sure Joe Public was impressed too with the lovely cars. :thumbs:

martinmac

Inactive
To be honest Rob I had to put the aircon on as well at times. It was fine at speed but when waiting at traffic lights it got very hot. The secret was regular stop for cold drinks. The Sportsmans were taking the mick a bit £3-00 for a pint of lemonade and ice using cheap supermarket bottles.

The slightly overtanned face is worth it though, didnt stop smiling all weekend.

We also got a local detailing company at the hotel to sell products and I had the pleasure of sitting in the shade with a pint while they did amazing work on my car for free. Heaven.

I am setting up a meet at a dealers in Yorkshire to test drive the 370 roadster, we did the same for the 370 coupe. I will post it up when I have a date confirmed. All you need is your license.

Some more pics.
DSC02801.jpg

DSC02820.jpg

DSC02839.jpg

DSC02856.jpg

DSC02863.jpg

DSC03162.jpg

DSC03163.jpg

DSC03164.jpg

DSC03165.jpg

DSC03166.jpg

DSC03167.jpg

DSC03168.jpg

DSC03169.jpg

DSC03170.jpg

DSC03171.jpg

DSC03183.jpg

DSC03229.jpg

DSC03356.jpg

DSC03358.jpg

DSC03362.jpg

DSC03404.jpg

DSC03455.jpg

martinmac

Inactive
On an aside, I cant see why we cant have things like this but on a smaller scale going on every weekend with the numbers the three forums have. Not with hotels and long drives but just a good local pub with some discount. I have always found the pubs to be well up for this.

Oh, and speedbupms, we have a good recce beforehand. The part of the car park we used in Bala was the rough bit as it was busy, I was actually laughing as 75 people screamed every time I grounded out.

martinmac

Inactive
The oldest driver was in his sixties and the youngest only 20, a great mix of ages and we all got on very well.