Vented 240Z/260Z Inspection Flaps

Mr.F

Inactive
Listed by my USA source, but exchange only - core charge would probably make the price prohibitive...

Tony 260Z

Club Member
I got mine off ebay (and they were a BARGAIN! (gloat gloat)), but the name Cool-louvres also springs to mind. Shouldn't be too expensive though as they're only small punchings (I hope!).

datsun dave

Club Member
Have had a set done by a local chap working around the corner from my workshop !!! By chance i called in to see him about doing some other work for me and he was stamping out some vents in a side panel for a race car.

Off to be blasted and etched primed next few days .

If you wants some putting into your own inspection flaps (at your own risk) you are welcome to send them to me and i will take them round for you cost is 20.00 pounds per set 3 vents or 25.00 pounds per set 4 vents.

Attachments

• Vented flaps 001.jpg
    Vented flaps 001.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 59
  • Vented flaps 002.jpg
    Vented flaps 002.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 47
Last edited by a moderator:

twoforty

Well-Known Forum User
Function over form or form over function? I would imagine you're going to have a lot of heat to vent. When is your car going to be finished Dave?

I'm not one for bling over function

ZHead

Well-Known Forum User
What exactly do the vents achieve ???

I can imagine heat disipation but what about reducing the air pressure under the bonnet to reduce lift ? Do a vented bonnet and inspection flaps really make a difference ?

Am not a nay sayer, I ask because I don't know.

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
Think I remember a good few years ago an article in one of the club mags by Luke Borg about a hole in the inner wing and a small fan fitted in an attempt to reduce heat
But that could just be my old senile mind

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
Yep it is my senile old mind
The article was about water draining from under the scuttle to out through a flexible pipe via a hole cut in the splash guard

twoforty

Well-Known Forum User
The bonnet vents would work better positioned towards the front of the bonnet rather than the rear

ZHead

Well-Known Forum User
Think I remember a good few years ago an article in one of the club mags by Luke Borg about a hole in the inner wing and a small fan fitted in an attempt to reduce heat
But that could just be my old senile mind

there are arcticles about this on some of the american sites - they say it works very well...... you are not as senile as you think you are :D...... you're worse ;)