Vehicle Storage Cost

AD240Z

Club Member
Hi guys, how much do you guys pay for storage (commercial business).

A place near me charges £90 + vat/month. I think that is about right isn't it?

https://www.gtbcarstorage.com/

I had one of my cars in storage last winter - I was a bit late finding a place and ended up at one a bit last minute - spaces were at a premium.
It was £115 all in p/m. Really good security/location , cameras , fire prevention and insurance cover .

There was some seriously exotic machinery in there - Mclarens ,Lamborghinis, Ferraris , GT3/911 s , a really nice old Volvo, Impreza WRC in full blue/gold livery, E type etc.

Mine was the only Z - and guy running its Dad loved it. Turned out he'd had one in the 70's/80's and spent ages talking to him about it.

atomman

Club Member
You can rent 40ft containers for £25 a week in the yard down from me , they are 'one trip' containers so bone dry inside .

Don't know what condensation would be like to store a car through winter though ,

grb184

Club Member
I have my Sam in a humidity and temperature controlled storage facility over this winder cost is £150 pcm, they start and warm up the car, pump the brake and clutch to stop the master cylinders drying out and move the car back and forth to stop the tyres squaring every fortnight as part of the deal.

Garaculas

Club Member
I was looking around 12 months ago and was quoted from £90 basic storage to £140 temp and humidity controlled.

Pete

Well-Known Forum User
I was looking around 12 months ago and was quoted from £90 basic storage to £140 temp and humidity controlled.
I have my Sam in a humidity and temperature controlled storage facility over this winder cost is £150 pcm, they start and warm up the car, pump the brake and clutch to stop the master cylinders drying out and move the car back and forth to stop the tyres squaring every fortnight as part of the deal.
What is their spec for humidity?

status

Well-Known Forum User
My storage costs were about 6k after building the double garage in my paddock,I keep my sti pp scooby and Z4 M coupe in it guarded by my two black labs and my miniature sausage dog costs a couple of dog biscuits a day to keep secure,I’ve not run power to it yet and it did get a bit of condensation last winter so sorting that one out,it’s a Timber garage which I think is better than just brick so I’m told My Zed sits in the detached garage so no storage costs so I’m a lucky chappie in that respect,I see some of the prices you guys are quoting and some of them seem a bit pricey,If you’ve got the room one of the outdoor carcoons are worth a look or some people have a garage full of toot,I’d know wot I’d do with that

grb184

Club Member

What is their spec for humidity?
They aim for 50% relative humidity as leather etc dries out below 40% and rust is promoted above 60%