V8 Hybrid

tch911

Well-Known Forum User
I have heard that a rather well known V8 powered 240z is going to be appearing in the classifieds rather soon. Just thought I'd give anyone a quick heads up.

tch911

Well-Known Forum User
Due to it's completely unique position in being, as far as we know, the only one in the world. I'm sure we all have ideas on how much it is worth, so I'm afraid, much as you may all rant at me, I am going to put the car up for auction.

I am keen that the car should be taken on by a Z club member so that's why I am giving you the heads up in advance. I welcome any emails (non-abusive please, Sean!!!), phone enquiry's, etc..

twoforty

Well-Known Forum User
other than the engine what is the rest like? any rust/repairs?
Auction is a good idea, at least you will see what people are willing to pay

Russ

Club Member
The only v8 powered 240? There's at least a handful in this club, and many thousands abroad? :)

Good luck with the sale though, v8s do make a very nice sound suitable for a Z :)

chunk

Im not normal
Club Member
When wyn sold this i wanted it then, now i really want it again, but have no cash :(

Arse. feck etc

Black Bug

Well-Known Forum User
chunk said:
When wyn sold this i wanted it then, now i really want it again, but have no cash :(

Arse. feck etc

Same here, except I have just found a 2p piece so will make the first offer of that plus a packet of crisps (cheese & onion) ;)

Good luck with the sale, like you, I hope it stays within the club, or the buyer at least has the sense to join!! Maybe you make that a condition of sale :D

Cheers,
Rob

tch911

Well-Known Forum User
Russ said:
The only v8 powered 240? There's at least a handful in this club, and many thousands abroad? :)

Good luck with the sale though, v8s do make a very nice sound suitable for a Z :)

What I mean by my "only one in the world" comment, is a TVR engined 240z.

I know that the TVR engine is based on a Rover (nee Buick) bottom end but as they don't really know what TVR's are in the US and I've not heard of one here in the UK.......

tch911

Well-Known Forum User
Black Bug said:
Same here, except I have just found a 2p piece so will make the first offer of that plus a packet of crisps (cheese & onion) ;)

Good luck with the sale, like you, I hope it stays within the club, or the buyer at least has the sense to join!! Maybe you make that a condition of sale :D

Cheers,
Rob

Good news is that the chap I have provisionally sold the car too has seen the car and is keen on becoming a member.

Sorry we exceeded the cheese & onion crisps bid. I was rather looking forward to them!

Wyn

Club Member
Nice to see it staying in good hands then :)

If it were mine tho I’d have to turn it into a 4.6 next :D

DJZ 60

Well-Known Forum User
IF is the keyword.......as 'if' you were ever likely to own such a vehicle:D

Wyn what other Z goodies/& bits do you still have? cheerzz DJZ 60.:)

Wyn

Club Member
DJ, why do you want a 4.6 tvr conversion :D

Dig deep, they don't come cheap ;)

So I'm told ... ! :santab:

Wyn

Club Member
You're right, atleast I got me name in lights after all the work :D
Even if it wasn't the fastest :S30:

Ho hum :bow:

Should stuck wit me cossie idea now :D