V5 - proof of date of production

gturner008

Well-Known Forum User
My application for the V5 was refused. Said I needed to provide proof of date of manufacture. Does anyone know how I go about this? Does Datsun exist and could provide a certificate? How about Nissan. Does this Club provide a service ?

Frustrating, but guess many others have found a way? Cheers. Gary

TomZupra

Well-Known Forum User
Just re-read that post, not sure it has the email address in I contacted (postoffice@nissan.co.jp), I would drop Mr F a message and ask his advice though as he can provide letters from the club for such purposes, only for those paid up members though I believe.

johnymd

Club Member
From what I understand, if its just proof of date of manufacture in order to get historic class then you just need an extract from classes dating guide. If you are a full paid up member then you made be able to obtain this through the club.

If you post a few more details about the car and what you are trying to do then I'm, sure someone will try to help you.

gturner008

Well-Known Forum User
I am trying to get a V5 having just purchased the car from the chap who imported it from Australia.

It's a 71 car. I have the Chassis number. Just need to get a proof of build so the DVLA give me the correct reg. Very happy to become fully paid up member - cheers. Gary

johnymd

Club Member
I've not filled the v555 form in yet but don't think you need any dating info. What docs have you sent?

pmac

Well-Known Forum User
Is the car on the Nova System database.??
Did you submit the Australian registration document with your application??

gturner008

Well-Known Forum User
It is on NOVA, yes. I didn't have the Australian document.

I sent them masses of documents. The only thing they refused it on was proof of production date

They suggested CodA, or letter from car club. Cheers G.

johnymd

Club Member
The letter from the car club was rejected on my application with just a letter stating "insufficient dating information" and it took several months to fix as even when I sent all the info they required it kept being rejected. Eventually I managed to speak to a superior who confirmed I had been providing all the correct info. Her words were: "send it all in again and I'll stand over the person processing your application and insist they pass it".

red baron

Well-Known Forum User
the aus car i did a check on as was being offered as a69 its infact a feb 71 info direct from nissan japan 596 the chassis no correct

Farmer42

Club Member
It is on NOVA, yes. I didn't have the Australian document.

I sent them masses of documents. The only thing they refused it on was proof of production date

They suggested CodA, or letter from car club. Cheers G.

I would recommend using the e-mail address quoted earlier in this thread to e-mail Nissan Motor Co in Japan directly. They will provide an official dating letter and are usually very quick.

You need to ask for month and year to satisfy DVLA but they do accept the letter as I have just done mine through that. Also send a photo of your VIN plate with the dating letter to DVLA & expect a little bit of to-ing & fro-ing.