Using standard exhaust manifolds and my line

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
In spired by a competitor (but not by thier welding quality...!) and also the part fabricated for a client in Denmark, early next year, I want to propose a donwpipe to enable the connexion between OEM exhaust manifolds and my exhaust line.

This would be applicable to S30s and S130s and most probably use an existing'Y' pipe between it and the exhaust line.

Attachments

• S30 1.jpg
    S30 1.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 27
  • S30 2.jpg
    S30 2.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 26
  • S30 3.jpg
    S30 3.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 24
  • S30 4.jpg
    S30 4.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 24
  • std downpipe.jpg
    std downpipe.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 25

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Thanks Terry - I think there is a market for those who don't want to buy a performance header and also those who simply don't want to strip their engine head !

No sir, you assume wrongly - from the bottom of this connection pipe will run my existing line.

datsfun

Club Member
No sir, you assume wrongly - from the bottom of this connection pipe will run my existing line.

Merci..understood.

Maybe one day you will offer these for Hako owners, although the potential sales volume isn't anywhere near as zeds so return on investment would be bleak:smash:

uk66fastback

Club Member
Good to hear it Sean ...

I have two pipes on mine, that run the length of the car with glasspacks in each.
The annoying thing is that one of the mounting points makes one go under the diff so that it isn't easy to jack the thing up in the middle - well impossible with the diff ...

This is something i want to change over the course of the winter. I want what Sean is going to produce ideally, then into ONE pipe (whether this has a silencer in I don't know), then into that upright silencer near the rear valance, with the twin exit.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Good to hear it Sean ...

I want what Sean is going to produce ideally, then into ONE pipe (whether this has a silencer in I don't know), then into that upright silencer near the rear valance, with the twin exit.

This kit will replace the standard twin-pipe collector from the exhaust manifold leading to my 2-1 Y pipe leading on to my single (2.5") pipe with a centre box and choice of rear silencers, either the Classic (single outlet pipe) or the JDM (twin-pipe outlet).

(orange Z photos courtesy of MZR Roadsports Ltd)

Attachments

• Orange5.jpg
    Orange5.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 26
  • Orange1.jpg
    Orange1.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 28
  • photo_83159.jpg
    photo_83159.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 25
  • photo_83161.jpg
    photo_83161.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 24
  • photo_83162.jpg
    photo_83162.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 27
  • Orange2.jpg
    Orange2.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 24

uk66fastback

Club Member
This kit will replace the standard twin-pipe collector from the exhaust manifold leading to my 2-1 Y pipe leading on to my single (2.5") pipe with a centre box and choice of rear silencers, either the Classic (single outlet pipe) or the JDM (twin-pipe outlet).

(orange Z photos courtesy of MZR Roadsports Ltd)

That's what I want! Thanks ... that's a beautiful fit under there ...

Are the Classic and JDM rear silencers the same in silencer terms, except for the one or two pipe outlets?

Last edited by a moderator: