uploading videos

240z

Club Member
Is it possible for us to upload videos into the gallery, I tried it, by just picking a vid file instead of a picture.. but not sure if it worked. Is this possible??

SKiddell

Well-Known Forum User
Photopost (photogallery) should support the uploading of video and should prompt you for a thumbnail or default view when it detects an video file (.mpg, .avi, .asf, .wmv, .mov)

Russ

Club Member
Bah I just wrote a massive and impressive reply, only to find my ISDN had disconnected...

The jist of it was

a) I looked into this and can't remember, will go look now

b) I'm not keen (although feel free to challenge me) in videos because they are very bandwidth intensive. We are currently using half our allocated bandwidth monthly and it's growing.

I will go see the settings but a 50mb video, I think we get 6gb bandwidth a month, upload that video once, download that video 122 times and voila all the months bandwidth gone :)

What I think would be a good idea is if people found their own places to upload the videos (sorry to be stingy but I'm trying to keep the website's yearly overheads minimum) and then we started a thread with video links in it...

I'll go see how I set the gallery up and about what bandwidth we get.

Russ

Club Member
OK I did what I thought I might have,

Multimedia uploads are enabled but limited to 5mb, this is to prevent bandwidth issues,

We get 6gb of transfer per month, we currently use around half each month, each extra gb is £3.50 per month that we use, and if we only pay £20 a year for all the hosting so if we went 1gb over each month we'd more than triple the cost of hosting the website....

Anyway if anyone can suggest somewhere to host (there are millions of free-be places) then please do so.

240z

Club Member
Thanks for looking into this Russ, I found someonewho would host one of the videos I had, so will do similar in the future, unless they are pretty small clips

charrs,
phil

Russ

Club Member
That's cool, I'll stick the link into my thread as well :) Can't wait for my 64k ISDN to download the video (sometime mid next week it should arrive).

Cheers and don't forget the article!