Unknown button!

Andrew

Well-Known Forum User
Sorry to be thick. Anyone help me with the button above the hazard lights on the dash please. I have a 1973 rhd (uk) 240z. It's just about the 8oclock position on the steering wheel. It could be the interior light because that doesn't work!

Thanks

Andrew

Well-Known Forum User
Buzzer me you're right. And I've just burnt my finger on it! Where is the light switch then? Can sat nav's be used from this ciggie lighter? If

Last edited by a moderator:

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Of course it can be ! Maybe your ciggie lighter shorts out and whysomething else has been fitted but what is the switch in the ciggie lighter - PHOTOS please !

Farmer42

Club Member
Buzzer me you're right. And I've just burnt my finger on it! Where is the light switch then? Can sat nav's be used from this ciggie lighter? If so, I wonder why I've just had one installed by Fourways in my glovebox?

The switch for the interior light is in the light fitting itself. You have to push the plastic cover (not too hard) and it clicks which then turns the light on. Do the same to turn it off.

You should be able to run a SatNav from the lighter socket. I have without any problems. Just don't overload the circuit with loads of other stuff.

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
Can sat nav's be used from this ciggie lighter? If so, I wonder why I've just had one installed by Fourways in my glovebox?

With all due respect, this tactic of asking rhetorical questions on an open forum could end up being quite divisive in your (business!) relationship with the company in question. If you have a question about something they have done for you, then they are the people you should be asking first.

Andrew

Well-Known Forum User
Thanks for your input Albrecht. Did you not detect from my tone that I might have already done that? And that's the reason I didn't say anymore. But thanks for the patronising comment.

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
Thanks for your input Albrecht. Did you not detect from my tone that I might have already done that? And that's the reason I didn't say anymore. But thanks for the patronising comment.

I wasn't trying to be patronising, hence my "with all due respect" comment.

Any attempt to play off a company you are contracting to work on your car against the members of a forum (who don't have a dog in the fight and have nothing to lose by giving you bad advice and misplaced encouragement) is not going to get you anywhere good in the long run.

As I said, with all due respect....

Andrew

Well-Known Forum User
Albrecht, that wasn't what I was attempting to do. I will edit my post to reflect this. You will need to do the same to yours if you feel the need. I feel suitably contrite!