Uni-T UT101 Multimeter, anyone got one?

Russ

Club Member
Hi all,

bit of a long shot. Does anyone own a Uni-T (Uni Trend) UT101 Multimeter. Available from Halfords about 5-6 years ago, about £65, seems alright.

In short I took it apart to replace the amp fuse, and accidentally took the main controll switch apart. Underneath it are some metal contacts, with different positions they can go in. Having taken mine apart WRONGLY I've got a couple muddled up and my meter won't work properly.

If anyone has one and has ten minutes they can spare me I can guide you on how to take it apart (7 screws) so you don't break yours and I can see how yours goes together :) I have emailed China (the manufacturer) but they don't care and no amount of googling has helped me.

Thanks for your time!

Attachments

• 001 (Large).JPG
    001 (Large).JPG
    248.9 KB · Views: 23

Russ

Club Member
Actually, I've just counted the number of copper contacts I have, and the number of tracks to span, and I'm missing one :( Don't worry about it, I'm off to crawl all over my house looking for it lol

Russ

Club Member
Scratch that, I found the part, but they're still in the wrong place :) If anyone has one....

Cheers

zpuppy

Well-Known Forum User
Hiya Russ ! To be honest for most auto and home use a decent clamp meter can be had for under £25 from any trade outlet and even Halfords when on sale. Ive got a Fluke Megger that cost more than my car , but normally use a digital clamp multi meter from Halfords that cost about £18 :eek: What can I say? They do what it says on the tin mate , volts , amps and resistance :cool: btw, not trying to do anything but save ya a bit of dosh ! :)

Russ

Club Member
Mate, I need to fix this multimeter, it's my best friend!

Good thinking though, my housemate is an electrician, rather than disconnect the battery negative on the weekend and muck about I can just use a clamp meter!! Cheers!

zpuppy

Well-Known Forum User
lol,,I know what you mean, ive got an old cat5e tester that means more to me than my best mate :cool::driving:

Russ

Club Member
A cat5e tester, that is professional! I usually just give it a wiggle and see if it's still working after, admittedly my runs are measured in metres not even tens of metres ;)

Russ

Club Member
I got a wiring diagram for my meter from the manufacturer, now I need to translate that to the physical board so I can figure out where the hell my contacts should be :) See attachment

Attachments

• UT101 sheet.pdf
    175.7 KB · Views: 11

Russ

Club Member
OK sat down and worked it out, have attached photo of the contact layout in case it helps anyone :) If you can't see it then it's where 1 is the inside and 5 is the outside of the selector wheel

Left side of wheel - 5 and 3

Right side - 4, 2 and 1

Attachments

• 002 [1280x768].JPG
    002 [1280x768].JPG
    207.3 KB · Views: 17

Russ

Club Member
Nice, will get it as probably better than my current one for testing and I can keep this one safe for measuring rpm and stuff :) Ta

Russ

Club Member
I like the inductive RPM measurement!

I'll have twenty multimeters at this rate lol one for every occassion :)

rogerroger

New Forum User
i've just done exactly the same thing to my multimeter, really appreciate you having put this post up and the photo on where to put the copper contacts....
and yes, my multimeter is still working strong and i would hate to replace it...

:)

vpulsar

Well-Known Forum User
You know I have a multi metre and I have absolutely no idea how to work it lol, I keep looking at it and sitting in my tool box draw thinking that looks handy if only I could work it hahahaha.

Rob