Unfinished, Swapped auto 280Z

johnymd

Club Member
I haven't driven the car much this year and funds are low so time to let someone else enjoy it. I have been using it as a run around for work this week though and I'd forgotten how much I liked it. But, being realistic it really should go. I'm not giving it away though but will sell for below it's value and move on to something else. The problem is picking a value though. I do consider it to be worth at lease it's starting price on ebay of £17k but no bids so who knows. 83 watchers and 1750 views though.

Attachments

• IMG_3045.jpg
    IMG_3045.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 11

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Yeh a RHD 280Z would suit a lot of people who are after the look of a 240/260 but can't find a rust-free one at reasonable price in the UK.

The only thing that might put folks off is the auto box but I ran a 370Z auto for 80k miles and 95% of the time it was fine. Just the occassional downshift with the 'tiptronic levers' came in useful for snappy overtaking. The auto tended to take too long to 'kickdown'.

Good luck with the sale John.

johnymd

Club Member
Thanks Rob. Yes, kickdown can be a bit slow but it pulls so well in 5th it doesn't really matter.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Yep, ditto - I recon it's more the auto box than LHD that's hesitating people - have you put it up on Europe DPAN ?

Agree, the engine bay looks cool...menacing even.:cool:

IbanezDan51

Well-Known Forum User
I personally think its a great price Jon. Good luck with the sale. I am sure it will at least make the minimum bid - people always stupidly leave it to last minute.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
I personally think its a great price Jon. .

This is directed at no-one in particular but this forum makes me laugh sometimes with its' fickleness :

one minute a rough but complete original UK market (so 5spd RHD) 240Z is a good buy and then a swapped and unfinished auto 280 (so LHD) is as well.....:D

johnymd

Club Member
Do you think my RHD 280Z is not a good buy at £17k in a RHD marketplace? I’m not saying your wrong just curious what you think £17k will buy.

IbanezDan51

Well-Known Forum User
This is directed at no-one in particular but this forum makes me laugh sometimes with its' fickleness :

one minute a rough but complete original UK market (so 5spd RHD) 240Z is a good buy and then a swapped and unfinished auto 280 (so LHD) is as well.....:D

I’m not quite sure how you can even compare the two. Ones complete, on the road, great to use everyday and very tidy.

I’ve not said the RHD original car is a good buy, if you want my honest opinion the original RHD car for sale on here once stripped I suspect would want a re-shell (let’s not open another can of worms) and the most I would probably be willing to pay is 1/4 of what it’s advertised price is.

Dan