UK/Euro rear anti-roll bar mounting brackets - anyone got a picture?

richiep

Club Member
As the title says, does anyone have a picture that shows the mounting brackets on the shell for the rear anti-roll bar on a UK/Euro/JDM S30Z? I'm specifically talking about the factory-fitted roll bar, not the variety of aftermarket kits that exist to serve US cars that did not come with them and lack the welded-on brackets. Doesn't have to be a great pic, but I just need something for reference/position as my red Z is still in a Carcoon 10 miles away - not making it very practical for me to go poking around under it with a torch! I'm fabricating brackets to allow a factory-style rear bar to be fitted to my ex-CA car; I don't want all the compromise measures and extra faff associated with aftermarket ones running behind the diff, etc.

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
Ugly, but might help:

Attachments

• 20180916_163241.jpg
    20180916_163241.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 81
  • 20180916_163342.jpg
    20180916_163342.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 80
  • 20180916_163440.jpg
    20180916_163440.jpg
    219.1 KB · Views: 82

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
Couple more:

Attachments

• Dinitrol-1.jpg
    Dinitrol-1.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 69
  • Dinitrol-2.jpg
    Dinitrol-2.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 67

atomman

Club Member
If you need the 'caps'? that clamp the anti roll bar & rubber into the bracket ,

I did laser cut a couple of sets for mine , just let me know and i will stick a couple in the post for you dude, ( my shell had the brackets already luckily being a 72)

zbloke

Club Member
Massively off topic but......

Albrecht,

You know that sump that's hanging on the wall to the right of your shell, does it have a dry sump collector/pickup channel on it?

Would you have any info on the vehicle it was used in?

Massively off topic but......

Albrecht,

You know that sump that's hanging on the wall to the right of your shell, does it have a dry sump collector/pickup channel on it?

Would you have any info on the vehicle it was used in?

I'm glad i'm not the only one who finds more interest in the treasure in the background!!

zbloke

Club Member
How can I help?

I'm always interested in broadening my knowledge of the S30 and the L6 when used in competition applications so wondered if you had any info on the car the sump was used in?

I think I've seen you mention on here that a compete dry sump kit was available in period from the Nissan Sports Option department - is this a sump from one of those kits?

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
I think I've seen you mention on here that a compete dry sump kit was available in period from the Nissan Sports Option department - is this a sump from one of those kits?

There was certainly a Race/Sports Option dry sump kit for the LY24/28.

The sump in my photos is a period piece with a Works-related origin, but was later used in a non-Works car in Europe and - finally - the UK.

Sorry to be vague, but I'd prefer to have all my ducks in a row before saying any more than that.

zbloke

Club Member
There was certainly a Race/Sports Option dry sump kit for the LY24/28.

The sump in my photos is a period piece with a Works-related origin, but was later used in a non-Works car in Europe and - finally - the UK.

Sorry to be vague, but I'd prefer to have all my ducks in a row before saying any more than that.

Thanks for that

If your ducks do see fit to align themselves it'd be nice to hear a little more

:)

Thanks for that

If your ducks do see fit to align themselves it'd be nice to hear a little more

:)

I've just got all my little ducks in a row, well the little bloody things are too fast.

BBB4ygP.jpg

richiep

Club Member
Bumping this for a relevant update. Photos above came in handy and some replicas made. Shell now equipped for rear factory anti-roll bar:
LepBTNS.jpg

PAlvK9c.jpg

cVfRE21.jpg

l2DUCBR.jpg

Cap pieces are replated originals, but I might make some new ones to go with the new brackets.

The shell is getting very near completion of all fabrication work...