UK 260 (green) on ebay | The Z Club of Great Britain
  1. The Z Club relies on the support of it's paid members - join the club or renew your membership here.

UK 260 (green) on ebay

Discussion in 'Classifieds discussion' started by Rob Gaskin, May 20, 2021.

1. Rob Gaskin

Rob Gaskin Treasurer Staff Member Moderator

2. IbanezDan51

IbanezDan51
    Z Club Member

8658kv likes this.
  3. Mr Tenno

Mr Tenno
    ZClub Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

Agreed - I love the colour but things like the rust coming in by the bonnet hinges is concerning.

4. Rob Gaskin

I agree but it's a good honest advert.

5. Mr Tenno

Mr Tenno
    ZClub Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

Definitely - not trying to hide anything :thumbs:

6. uk66fastback

uk66fastback
    Z Club Member

The ads you see where people have owned the car for many years are few and far between. I think that someone owning the car for a long time is a big plus - they should know the car inside out. Few ads (for whatever car) mention the length of ownership. People don't seem to think it matters in my experience. THis oes look like an honest car albeit with a few issues, none of which are that much of a negative.

7. IbanezDan51

IbanezDan51
    Z Club Member

The chassis rails have been plated over and in the process the ARB mounts lost so they've bolted the entire way through the arm...enough concern for me. Probably end up crushing the rail trying to torque it up.

8. IbanezDan51

IbanezDan51
    Z Club Member

Johnnys RHD 260Z converted car was far more valuable if you ask me.

9. jonbills

jonbills
    ZClub Administrator

You're a tough bunch of judges. It looks great.

AliK and Seikoking like this.
  10. IbanezDan51

IbanezDan51
    Z Club Member

So do most of the cat D/S and other write offs on ebay and this has probably had more work than most... and as for his statement of the car having 'absolutely no filler' - well what did he use?! :D

11. uk66fastback

uk66fastback
    Z Club Member

I think he maybe means there's not half an inch down one side etc. As to the price, I have no idea - people can ask what they want - but getting it is another matter. I do like the colour though and the general look of the exterior - much more my things than huge arches and half an inch from the floor :D

I am old though, remember

12. Rob Gaskin

Dan, I noticed that ARB situation too however some people modified their mounting by doing that - drilling right through and then using tubing to prevent crushing. Whether this is the case here I don't know.

13. Dale

Dale
    Z Club Member

14. Mr Tenno

Mr Tenno
    ZClub Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

Now with all the honest bits of the original advert removed!

JK240 likes this.
  15. JK240

JK240
    Z Club Member

And five grand added.....

16. Paul_S

Paul_S
    Z Club Member

Apparently a different seller. Someone after making a quick buck?

17. richiep

richiep
    Z Club Member

Looks like a classic profiteering flip is occurring. With crappy advert and all - totally at odds with the honest original assessment.

FYI, I know this car. Previous owner Steve was longtime Cheshire Plainz guy, although he hadn’t been active for some time. I’ve seen that car on our club stand at events like Tatton Park in years gone past. It’s a nice car overall and was honestly presented in the first ad. By current restoration expectations, it’s got things that date it (25 years ago, not everyone could get, or afford proper repro floorpans for example) but I’d consider it worth having and incrementally improving while using.

Reseller taking the piss though!

AliK and Mr Ex Jnr like this.
  18. Jay.

Jay.
    Z Club Member

The original advert for when the car went unsold for £28k, in case anyone stumbles across this and it is no longer available:

AliK and Mr Tenno like this.
  19. Robotsan

Robotsan Active Forum User

Attached Files:

20. richiep

richiep
    Z Club Member

Sad. I hate greedy resellers like this and their bulls@@t ads. Parasites IMO.