Tyre / Wheel combo - that old chestnut!

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Need some help please learned ones!

Seriously considering changing my wheels for some watanabes - reasons why are largely irrelevant to the post but mainly because my non stock rear wheels with 195 x 70 x 14 foul the lip of the arches with 2 up on bumpy fast roads.

I was wondering if anyone is running

15 x 6.5j with ET21 on a 260z without issues / mods?

They will be shod with 195 / 65 / 15 rubber which is very close (0.9%) to the stock circumference / diameter.

Last edited:

toopy

Club Member
That's surprising as my rear 225 60/14 tyre's on i think 7" slotmags, dont touch the arches, its close mind

Wont a ET of 21 with slim 6.5 wheels sit too far inwards? my fronts are 6.5j woolfies ET0 and they are fine but i certainly wouldnt want them further back from a visual perspective.

Maybe your passenger needs to 'lighten their load' so to speak! :p

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
That's surprising as my rear 225 60/14 tyre's on i think 7" slotmags, dont touch the arches, its close mind

Wont a ET of 21 with slim 6.5 wheels sit too far inwards? my fronts are 6.5j woolfies ET0 and they are fine but i certainly wouldnt want them further back from a visual perspective.

Maybe your passenger needs to 'lighten their load' so to speak! [emoji14]

Funny!! [emoji106]

I think my wheels have quite a lot of dish! Sadly I don't know their ET. Also with your lower profile tyres and wider wheels your sidewalls are probably flatter than my "balloon" tyres.

This is all I know about them ...

e76abc2e17b185bec08f9e846efda741.jpg

beb2e5df3f94ee2080222c55360dc43b.jpg

I think they are Enkei Hotwire replicas

Last edited:

toopy

Club Member
Hope im not teaching you to suck eggs here, but,
If you cut a piece of wood so it sits across the centre of the wheel, but touches only the rim and not the tyre, then measure from the back of the wheel/hub surface to the wood, and then the same from the front passing the tape measure through the centre bore level to the hub rear surface, you will be able to workout the ET.
Hope that makes sense o_O

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Hope im not teaching you to suck eggs here, but,
If you cut a piece of wood so it sits across the centre of the wheel, but touches only the rim and not the tyre, then measure from the back of the wheel/hub surface to the wood, and then the same from the front passing the tape measure through the centre bore level to the hub rear surface, you will be able to workout the ET.
Hope that makes sense o_O

Perfect thank you! I never have issue with someone telling me something I may already know.

[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

I will have a go and let you know!

datsfun

Club Member
If you want a good tried and tested size on a stock bodied car, then 15x8 ET0 on 205-50-15 tyres will fill the arches nicely

Others have managed to fit 225-50-15 tyres and done a slight roll of rear arch

All this is heavily dependant on the look you want.

The size you have suggested will fit fine. But will probably sit 1" between the tyres and wheel arch ( depth wise). Like I said, it depends if you want to fill the arches and get them sitting relatively flush to arch lips without rubbing etc.

For reference car in pic has the 15x8 ET0 wheel size

Attachments

• IMG-20180502-WA0012.jpg
    IMG-20180502-WA0012.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 50

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Perfect thank you mr Datsun!

The size I quoted was from a wheel-set available for sale quoted for S30s which I wasn't too sure about.

That red car is the look I would like.

Thanks again all!