Tyre choice for my 260Z

RIDDLER

Well-Known Forum User
Just about to put four new tyres on my 260Z.

The wheel size is 205/60/15.

Currently it has Pirelli P7s on it which were on the car when I bought it and are getting near to the legal tread depth now. According to the coding on the tyre I believe they are about 12 years old so I have decided it would be best to replace them anyway.

Have decided to go with Bridgestones but I was wondering what views the rest of you have on best tyres for the car.

I don't do track or racing - just need a quality tyre with a good rating for wet grip and for fuel economy and this tyre seemed to fit the bill. Costing £85 apiece.

Any thoughts?

kev64

Well-Known Forum User
Hi Rob
Didn't know you were running 15's my 14's are Verdstein and have been on since ive owned it 6.5 yrs but I don't do the miles you do (respect!!!) there is such a selection. Just paid £118 for the Passat for 1:eek:!!
Im sure some one will suggest some for you:)

Mr HollowPoint

Well-Known Forum User
I've heard rumours that Bridgestones are noisy, which if your 260 is anything like our 280 for sound deadening (Guessing it is?) Then I can only recommend Continentals instead. I have these on the BMW I use day to day for motorways to work and there's barely any road noise at all, the grip in the wet is highly impressive (Can tell because the traction control light comes on as and when it slips, with these it doesn't come on much, lol) and they've stood up to a lot of miles so far, with plenty of tread left on them, so can only assume the compound is very good for both grip and not just burning through tread. Hope this helps?