Two interesting cars on ebay

uk66fastback

Club Member
Both look like lovely cars. No idea what the second one will go for and the first one seems a lot of money but as they say, show me another for comparison - it'd be difficult to find one ...

Price increase of 1/3 in less than a year - blimey!

madda

Well-Known Forum User
Does anyone have any insight into the spec of the engine in the ex race car IF it hasn’t been swapped out?

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Tim and I have seen the white 260Z. It was indeed VERY original but it needed work to tidy the engine bay and some surface rust because it hadn't been touched. It was dry and crusty underneath too.

A very good car with the potential to be a show-stopper. Perhaps some of that has been done now.

TimW

Club Member
Tim and I have seen the white 260Z. It was indeed VERY original but it needed work to tidy the engine bay and some surface rust because it hadn't been touched. It was dry and crusty underneath too.

A very good car with the potential to be a show-stopper. Perhaps some of that has been done now.

Aye Rob, I remember this car very well. Interesting is the word!

The most striking thing for me was the interior, untouched and in absolutely fabulous condition, no sign of wear if I recall correctly. It spurred me on to do the interior clean up of my Z of which today I am pleased to say for the most is near as good as.. :)

A curiosity was the L shaped rubber bits on the scuttle panel corners that I'd not seen before on any Z.

It looks like the offside wing has been done Rob, there was a minor dent and surface rust on it.

Yes, definitely a potential show stopper, likely a future garage queen I would imagine. This is one car where I would tend to agree with it being a queen, so long as it's appears on a trailer at a few meets so that we can all get a chance to look at it! It was a great reference point for me to compare with my 260 and great to see an time warped Z.

Woody928

Events Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Yes, definitely a potential show stopper, likely a future garage queen I would imagine. This is one car where I would tend to agree with it being a queen, so long as it's appears on a trailer at a few meets so that we can all get a chance to look at it! It was a great reference point for me to compare with my 260 and great to see an time warped Z.

They were all made to be driven!

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
So the Andy Stanford car?

Bidding has been brisk but stalling a bit now at £20k.

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
Remember having an Indian meal with Sean and Andy shortly after Andy had a big crash at Brands and him writing an article on it for club mag will try and find it and scan it in
Also vaguely remember after it was fixed and some engine work being done on it Andy had a long drive home and seem to remember him nodding off on the motor way home but not 100% sure on this

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
The rear wheels don't look 'right - maybe the very low-profile tyres ?
The steering wheel boss from a 260Z/280Z is hideously large
....and those mirrors spoil the lines !

It's been JDM-ed, I'm only surprised but releived it's not wearing fender-flares.

Overall presentation is good - just needs toning down a bit imho.

uk66fastback

Club Member
Too late to lose the mirrors without some expensive corrective work ... shame really. Other than them and the weird camber on the back wheels, it looks great to me ... even the number(s) ... formerly a race car - so exactly what engine is in it now? Not a lot of detail ...

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
There is so little information in the description about this actual car, a common fault with auction listings. It's all 'copy and pasted' bumph.

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
Remember having an Indian meal with Sean and Andy shortly after Andy had a big crash at Brands and him writing an article on it for club mag will try and find it and scan it in
Also vaguely remember after it was fixed and some engine work being done on it Andy had a long drive home and seem to remember him nodding off on the motor way home but not 100% sure on this

Sorry for delay in scanning in and posting in article from Club Magazine back in 1992

stanford crash-page-001 (1).jpg

toopy

Club Member
The rear wheels don't look 'right - maybe the very low-profile tyres ?
The steering wheel boss from a 260Z/280Z is hideously large
....and those mirrors spoil the lines !

It's been JDM-ed, I'm only surprised but releived it's not wearing fender-flares.

Overall presentation is good - just needs toning down a bit imho.

I like the wheels, but as you say, visually it doesn't quite look 'right', the stretched tires certainly aren't helping either!

Maybe the tyre profile is incorrect