Club Member
Worth it tho, just for the crack :cool:

lh_3_4_front.jpg

lh_3_4_rear.jpg

front1.jpg

350z_power_tt.gif

Black Bug

Well-Known Forum User
I've always wondered what effect having a ruddy great big intercooler sat in front of the radiator has on overall engine cooling. Any ideas folks?

Cheers,
Rob

Wyn

Club Member
Black Bug said:
I've always wondered what effect having a ruddy great big intercooler sat in front of the radiator has on overall engine cooling. Any ideas folks?
Cheers,
Rob
From personal experience I would say they instantly run hotter, esp noticeable during the summer when you rag the car.

Russ

Club Member
I think I'd prefer it supercharged, that power curve is quite steep. Kit looks lovely though.

Anyone got pics/dyno for whoever makes the best supercharger kit?

Mr.F

Inactive
Stillen intercooled supercharger Stage 3 will make a claimed 407 bhp without other mods. You can add induction, exhaust, headers to that....

As noted previously, superchargers are less cruel to the engine (less heat, progressive power delivery) and produce power in a way better suited to the big, flat torque curve of the original VQ35 engine making it drive like an NA car with more power everywhere. Turbos tend to produce their power higher up the rpm range and, as noted, can have quite violent power spikes.

Both turbo and supercharger are limited on boost potential due to VQ35 engine internals being a little suspect at higher levels. All the parts are available to beef it up, but cost wise that's a whole new ball game.

Stillen intercooler is air to water heat exchange inside the manifold with only a small (ish) chargecooler out front, so the interference with radiator airflow is minimal. If you want more engine cooling capacity, a Koyo aluminium large capacity radiator is available.

The APS turbo kit was originally designed for the USA LHD market, although a RHD kit is currently under development.

Obviously turbos have their supporters as do superchargers, but more S/C kits have been developed for the VQ35 than turbo - must say something, even HKS have a S/C kit now!:350Za2: