Turkish GP - this is not a spoiler

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
If you want to see a good GP then watch this today!

Better than the processions we can get.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I do and BSB.

Don't forget I've had bikes.

Seen Hailwood, Sheene, Roberts, Hartog, Mamola, Ron Haslam etc at Silverstone, Oulton Park and Isle of Man TT. Attended on my bike.

Plus spoke to Cal Crutchlow enjoying a moto X day at Mallory with my lad. Ray Stringer and the Vincents including dad Chris are all from within a few miles. I see Ray often he lives in our village.

Bikes are fantastic to watch but frightening.

I do and BSB.

Don't forget I've had bikes.

Seen Hailwood, Sheene, Roberts, Hartog, Mamola, Ron Haslam etc at Silverstone, Oulton Park and Isle of Man TT. Attended on my bike.

Plus spoke to Cal Crutchlow enjoying a moto X day at Mallory with my lad. Ray Stringer and the Vincents including dad Chris are all from within a few miles. I see Ray often he lives in our village.

Bikes are fantastic to watch but frightening.

it was a great race today. Been a great season really. I just can't get on with F1, its a two horse race at best, it has been for far too many years.

MaximG

Well-Known Forum User
I wonder how many years F1 has left to run. I think I’m right in saying they only have three engine manufacturers soon to be down to two. I think Redbull are going to be without an engine after next season..

I wonder how many years F1 has left to run. I think I’m right in saying they only have three engine manufacturers soon to be down to two. I think Redbull are going to be without an engine after next season..

I think there's a freeze on engines after next year. Its been dull though due to how good the merc engine is, its been so far ahead for years, its taken the shine off a lot of mercedes wins(IMO).

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Franky, there is a lot more to f1 domination than a good engine. What engine do Williams use?

Mercedes.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
The whole Mercedes package, for years though the engine was/is unsurpassed.

Which is what I said. Where did Bottas finish yesterday in the same car as Hamilton?

Downforce is the killer for F1 viewing.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Tyres win you the races but downforce spoils the spectale and the racing.

The 70s was a great era when cars had far more power than grip. So like rallying you could see the drivers controlling slides. Like Motogp.

Which is what I said. Where did Bottas finish yesterday in the same car as Hamilton?

Downforce is the killer for F1 viewing.

I think we’re agreeing. He’s had one of the 2 best cars on the grid under him since he’s been at Mercedes. It’s even been much quicker than everything else down the straights