Tuning - air fuel ratio...

Mr.G

Club Member
Has anyone looked into getting a portable wideband data logger Ora's IMO,to exhaust gas analyser like the gunson?

I was firstly looking into the gunson gas analyser but that only tells you how you're idle is doing and not how the car is behaving at different rev ranges, so I started looking at the innovate LC2...

Does anyone have any experience with the innovate product or any other brand that does a similar job....?

I may also still go for the gunson as it's a lot cheaper and really I am curious about a hunting condition I have at idle when the engine is warm and I want to confirm if it's a lean condition.... This isn't the Z but on another vehicle which runs d jetronic injection.

Anyone use the gunson or can recommend any alternatives?

CheerZ...

johnymd

Club Member
I have the innovate LC-1 on the blue car. I bought it to keep an eye on fueling and alert me running lean conditions. Its the best gauge I ever bought and gives me the information to know what conditions need looking at. It has a great data logging ability so you can drive around and review the data latter. I will be buying another for the new car.

Mr.G

Club Member
Cheers John. Where does the data on your LC1 get stored? Is it a case of driving with your laptop plugged in?

morbias

Well-Known Forum User
I have an AEM 30-4110 wideband fitted and I am so glad I bit the bullet and installed it. Tuning the carbs is so much easier, often the gauge showed the exact opposite to what I was thinking! I believe it also has a serial output for data logging but never looked into it.

That said, I also have a Gunson Colortune and that is also extremely useful in its own way; eg. for tuning each cylinder on its own as the wideband only shows all cylinders combined. In fact, without the Colortune I would probably have been no closer to finding why my idle was hunting slightly (sounds like a similar situation to your own). As it turns out, the Colortune was showing cylinder #1 was intermittently rich and that saved much troubleshooting as the problem appears to have been down to a worn and loose idle jet / jet holder on that carb. Won't know for certain until the replacement parts show up but I would have been forever trying to find that otherwise.

Ian

Club Member
I have the LC-2 on mine, its great, very accurate and responsive and let's me check my afr's anytime, I can log to the LC-2 or to the ECU.

I have a PLX SM-AFR and DM-6 gauge in my other car, its pretty good also but I have to say I think the LC is better.

Mr.G

Club Member
Thanks folks.. good to hear that you've all found them useful. Food for thought...

Ian are you also monitoring RPM by using the inductive loop on the spark plug cable? Does it appear accurate?

CheerZ.

Ian

Club Member
I don't have the L26 in mine so no longer get the rpm from the spark, can't help you there.