Trophies awarded at Donington 2019

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
There was a fantastic display of cars at Donington this year. I think 48 cars were in attendance on the Saturday and of those 25 were voted as being the one people wanted to take home! This is a reflection of the quality of the cars.

THE CAR OF THE WEEKEND was a incredibly original and standard blue 260Z owned by Michael Cooper (superdry) from Devon. This car must have had a 'charmed' life and to win outright shows how rare a standard RHD car is in this condition.

The car with the second highest number of votes (HIGHLY COMMENDED) was the red 240Z of Ryan Struggles (strugrat). The lengthy restoration and sympathetic modification of this car has been followed with great interest. Ryan has achieved a remarkable result and the attention to detail is something he should be proud of.

The FURTHEST TRAVELLED award went to James Lodder (greenmachine) from Cornwall. James drives his green and very distinctive 'race style' 240Z with vigour and passion. Neither are easily missed.

There were two 'personal' awards also:

MEMBER OF THE YEAR went to Richard Parker (richiep) for his very informative, useful and always positive 'posts' on our website. He also organised our Oulton Park Gold Cup meeting last year at short notice.

Last but by no means least was a very special award a 'one off' that has been earned over many many years. The Z CLUB LIFETIME CONTRIBUTION AWARD was presented to Steve Burns (who else?) for the tremendous dedication he has given to this Club almost from it's beginning in the 80s. Steve has worked tirelessly on almost every aspect of the Club to ensure that it succeeded in providing owners of all kinds of Zs a 'platform' to enhance their enjoyment of these wonderful cars. It is a strong belief that without Steve's enthusiasm and hard work this Club would not exist today. A truly deserved award.

chrisvega

Well-Known Forum User
Well deserved Steve :hurray:
A big award for a big personality .
'The shard' I think we christened it and I can't remember whose rear you threatened to remove it to, was it Jake's ? :EXTRAlol:

Jake RAH

Well-Known Forum User
Well deserved Steve :hurray:
A big award for a big personality .
'The shard' I think we christened it and I can't remember whose rear you threatened to remove it to, was it Jake's ? :EXTRAlol:

Yeah I think it was. Only trouble was he couldn't figure how to remove from his own :willynilly: :EXTRAlol:
Keep practicing Steve EXTRA;) We still love you EXTRA;) EXTRA:D