Triple 40s Webber help

Fastededdie

Club Member
Hi have fitted these carbs and after a lot of tuning still; as you can guess ther's issues. There was a lot of popping to begin with so changed the factory set idle jets from 45s to 50s and much less popping, just now and again. I think there is an electrical fault between the dizzy and the coil as it seems not to be firing in order.

Can anyone point us in the right direction? Maybe need a new dizzy or somehow adjust it.

Thanks

richiep

Club Member
Was the dizzy or coil removed/messed with during the carb swap? Did it have the advance mod done to it, given the removal of vacuum advance that usually occurs with a triple swap? Has it been rechecked with a timing light and advance set? Do you have the details of all the jetting on the Webers to post up?

Here's an older thread that Jon posted on that might have one or two useful points in it about timing and fuelling (it's about Dellortos but same-same for these purposes). It definitely needs an AFR/exhaust gas analyser employing for fuelling/mixture purposes.
https://zclub.net/community/index.php?threads/triple-dellortos-and-vacuum-advance.23281/

Fastededdie

Club Member
Hi the dizzy has been removed as we'v done other work on the car. In idle the timing on the light seems fine 16BTDC. We'v not done any advance mod on it but I am guessing that could be the reason?

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
If it seems like it's firing in the right order at idle, it'll also be firing in the right order above idle. I expect your problem is fuel mixture.
You have to get a wideband AFR or take it to someone who has one (like a rolling road).