Transmission tunnel & centre console 280Z

ZedzDead

Club Member
Is the transmission tunnel and centre console the same for both automatic and manual cars apart from immediate area where gear selector is situated ?

Fastededdie

Club Member
I am looking for the same answer. This site is very slow and I am finding it very hard to find solutions to problems. It is a problem to find a problem. Who needs that?

johnymd

Club Member
On the earlier cars the tunnel is essentially the same with the except of the actual hole in the metal that the gear lever comes through. The hole on the auto cars are smaller than the manual but can be modified to suit a manual box. I think the consul is also slightly different but I'm sure it can be made to work.

Please be aware that this is essentially a UK site and the vast majority of posts are in relation to UK cars. Therefore the 280z (never a UK car) does not have a great deal of info on this site. I have been a member for a long while and don't ever recall anyone asking this question so you will find no results on it if you try searching. This site is funded by paid up members, and I notice you are not, yet you are complaining that the site is slow and you cannot find the answer to your problem. If more members support this site by paying the very small fee to join then there would be more funds to enhance the site. I suggest you try some of the other Z related sites for more information on the 280z.

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
I thought you were interested in 280zx fastededdie? It's not the same as a 280z.

Fastededdie

Club Member
On the earlier cars the tunnel is essentially the same with the except of the actual hole in the metal that the gear lever comes through. The hole on the auto cars are smaller than the manual but can be modified to suit a manual box. I think the consul is also slightly different but I'm sure it can be made to work.

Please be aware that this is essentially a UK site and the vast majority of posts are in relation to UK cars. Therefore the 280z (never a UK car) does not have a great deal of info on this site. I have been a member for a long while and don't ever recall anyone asking this question so you will find no results on it if you try searching. This site is funded by paid up members, and I notice you are not, yet you are complaining that the site is slow and you cannot find the answer to your problem. If more members support this site by paying the very small fee to join then there would be more funds to enhance the site. I suggest you try some of the other Z related sites for more information on the 280z.

Sure ok only saying. I did try to make the payment but it didn't go through. I am sorry if you think I complain. It was an observation and not meant to be offensive. There is a guy on ebay saying that his 280zx is a UK car? Just thought I would ask if this is the case.