Track weekend, July 2, 3 and 4 on the Bugatti circuit at Le Mans!

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
For those real sportsmen among us, Peter Auto proposes track sessions on the Bugatti circuit, during their long weekend (Friday, Sat and Sun) of historic racing.

It's not the 24hrs but the feeling of driving between the Ford chicane, in front of the pits and under the Dunlop bridge is still emotional!

6x sessions are planned, 2x per day including 1x for beginners and 1x for iexperienced at the price of € 80 for 20mins.
We have our own stand / parking inside the circuit so the adrenaline rush starts from the entrance of the circuit :)

Reservations please by PM to me here, Sean, or by email to: seanz@wanadoo.fr

Any questions, please don't hesitate to ask here !

https://www.peterauto.fr/wp-content/...clubs-form.pdf

A tutorial:

Attachments

• IMG_0221.jpg
    IMG_0221.jpg
    300.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0020.jpg
    IMG_0020.jpg
    374.2 KB · Views: 11

status

Well-Known Forum User
COVID mate ,thanks for asking thoughthink France is in the Amber ,would make up for the real thing but anyone travelling abroad and gets caught out like last time deserves it,thanks for asking

MaximG

Well-Known Forum User
Be down the road in Tours on an overnight so not quite close enough to come have a look.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Although suppose I could change it.

At Tours, you're just an hour away.:) Or stay near Le Mans, south of !

Paul - if Brits can't leave the UK because of quarantining upon their retour than the UK isn't going to see any tourism revenue this summer :

Inbound tourists visiting London in 2019 spent a total of 15.73 billion British pounds. This was based on around 22 million visits made by international visitors traveling from overseas.

Data predicts fall in visitor spending far more than £1.9bn lost from commuters

Spending by tourists in central London is set to plummet by £10.9 billion this year as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic – far more than the amount lost from fewer commuters traveling into the city – according to new analysis published today by the Mayor of London, Sadiq Khan.

City Hall analysis of forecasts by VisitBritain show overseas tourists will spend £7.4 billion less on goods and services in London’s economic and cultural centre throughout 2020, while domestic tourists will spend £3.5 billion less.

VisitBritain estimates the number of international visitors to the UK throughout 2020 will be 74 per cent fewer than in 2019, at 10.6 million. It also estimates that London as a whole will suffer from a reduction in international and domestic tourism spending, including transport revenue, of £20.7 billion in 2020 compared with 2019 levels (1).

The tourism industry is a vital part of London’s social and economic life: it accounts for as many as one in seven jobs in the capital and contributes almost 12 per cent of London’s GDP.

https://www.london.gov.uk/press-releases/mayoral/central-london-tourist-spending-to-drop-by-109bn

I believe that you can bet upon freedom of movement this summer - countries can't afford not too !

Tourisme : 15,5 milliards d'euros de recettes perdus pour Paris en 2020
Une chute « historique » de la fréquentation a été enregistrée l’année dernière en raison de la crise sanitaire, avec 33,1 millions de touristes en moins.

Tourism: 15.5 billion euros in lost revenue for Paris in 2020 : A "historic" drop in attendance was recorded last year due to the health crisis, with 33.1 million fewer tourists.

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
All fine and dandy Sean as long as you do not run the risk of catching anything that could be caught by your whole family and have to go to hospital for a period of time luckily has not happened to me
Sorry but in my eyes health/life is far more important than money would have thought you would have thought that after what you went through recently

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Of course health is more important than money Steve - sorry, I don't understand the point you're trying to make !

I'm merely stating that I expect our respective govts to open their frontiers this summer.....and stated their obvious reasons why.

One can catch this virus just as likely at home (as I did) as travelling near or far.

At the end of the day, I was, by courtesy, extending the invitation to UK Z owners - their choice to come or not as will be to Spa and Le Mans Classics next year.

status

Well-Known Forum User
Thanks for the invite old chap but over ere we got our arsses in gear and are doing ok,hope you lot sort yerselves out and get up to speed with the vaccines if you haven’t done so far,roll on Le Mans next year

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
So, you trust a vaccine that was rushed out, based upon the first strain which has been superceeded by several, more contagious and resitant mutated versions (your current Indian for ex) that finally won't stop you catching it and suffering the symptoms.

Maybe it's just a complicity to infect the plebs with a virus (direct or via the vaccine) that will render us sterile and solve the worlds' food crisis......

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
What an absolute load of Rubbish
I thought you where far better than that to believe that it is all a complicity to infect people to render everybody sterile and solve the worlds f0od Crisis
But maybe it effects your brain if you get the virus in some form which may have caused you to come out with absolutely stupid remarks like the one you have just made
But then again Maybe it is just your way of keeping this thread in the fore front
And No doubt this post will be removed in case it upsets a few numperties who think the whole Covid thing is just a conspiracy

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
So, in early July and under this summers' typical weather so far, our national French club assisted with Peter Autos' Historic-Racing Le Mans Bugatti and were allowed several track sessions each day.....who could resist ?:drool:

Please bear in mind that I haven't driven my Z on a circuit since 2009...and that the engine is still limited to 4500rpm and so lacking a LOT of horsepower and this wet session was undertaken on Toyo R888 semi-slicks !:driving:

Enjoy and have a good laugh at the end.:rolleyes: Apparently there are more videos to come earlier in the weekend.:)

ps the real action starts at 4mins at the beginning of the pit straight - the first out lap was (always in every session) driven behind the safety car :

Many thanks David Donné for the filming and editing.