Toyota 2000GT on BAT

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Honestly, I would rather have a 2000GT recreation based upon an S30 'cos I could never afford a real one.

Like that white one done a while back BUT with a Nissan DOHC n/a engine - an RB20 would suffice.

Ped

Club Member
That's very nice! Shame it's a left hand drive... might have been tempted otherwise. EXTRA:D

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
So many stupid comments on Bring-A-Trailer. And the sales blurb doesn't even get the body stylist/designer's name right (it's Satoru Nozaki not "Saturo Nozak"). Useless.

So many stupid comments on Bring-A-Trailer. And the sales blurb doesn't even get the body stylist/designer's name right (it's Satoru Nozaki not "Saturo Nozak"). Useless.

I like all the comments about its value when it’s got a ‘small engine’.

Americans have got use to needing 6lts to need to achieve the same

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Oh get an edge - you wouldn't seriously refuse it in your garages guys because the wheel is on the correct EXTRA;)side !

johnymd

Club Member
Just do what the rest of us do. Buy a lefty 'cus it's cheap and convert to RHD. Cant be that hard as it's only an old Toyota. Wonder if a 3uz would fit?

toopy

Club Member
It is very nice, but i'd still rather spend the money on several Datsun's rather than one Toyota

chrisvega

Well-Known Forum User
Unless money was no object, I don't think I would like to have that kind of sum in one single car.

It's a shame that this Toyota (like many high end classics) has not been cherished by an enthusiast over recent years and has only been used as an instrument of speculation. Sold 3 times over the last 3 years at US auction houses, each time gettting a lower return (epic fail lol).

I think this latest flip on BAT will probably see an end to the downward curve though.

Woody928

Events Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Simply stunning! It's a lot of money but peanuts in the greater scheme of things compared to other cars with production numbers that low.

You'd be able to steal the show wherever you went in that car, worth the money all day if you ask me. Just a shame it'll never be in budget like far too many of these icons....