Tokico shocks NLA?

morbias

Well-Known Forum User
So, there was a thread over on Hybridz a few months back about Tokico's US distribution going to pot, but looking around there don't seem to be many Tokico shocks available any more. Looking at their 2013 catalogue they no longer produce BZ/HZ 3015 or 3016, or the 3099s for AW11s which is a bit annoying as I was thinking about sectioning my struts, plus it leaves most of us in a fix as it would mean there's nothing available in the mid-range any more.

If Tokico shocks are no longer available then off-the-shelf wise it looks like we are stuck with the basic OEM quality KYB shocks which can only handle standard spring rates or have to fork out for Konis which are more suited to much higher rate springs (I could be wrong).

Does anyone know anything different about Tokico? Are there any affordable alternatives to BZ3099s?

Mr.F

Inactive
I'm told that Z Tokicos should return within the next six months. I'm currently completely out of stock...

morbias

Well-Known Forum User
Good to hear that they're not permanently unavailable, the few places I've seen them for sale are listing ridiculous prices.

franky - I already have springs, not looking for adjustable coilovers right at the moment if that's what you mean? Only the front shocks are the issue, so would definitely be cheaper to do myself, if I could find the shocks.

Good to hear that they're not permanently unavailable, the few places I've seen them for sale are listing ridiculous prices.

franky - I already have springs, not looking for adjustable coilovers right at the moment if that's what you mean? Only the front shocks are the issue, so would definitely be cheaper to do myself, if I could find the shocks.

Sorry, I misunderstood. Obviously makes sense if you need everything but not if you've got bits already.

How are you getting on with your car?

morbias

Well-Known Forum User
Still doing body work! I'm sick of it... whoever stripped the paint off the car before used some ridiculously heavy grit sanding discs on an angle grinder, there are deep grooves in the metal all over the car so I skim coated the whole shell and have been block sanding for ...I don't even know how many weeks, all I know is my arms have had it, so have my shoulders and my back. And my legs. Moving house in about 8 weeks (supposedly, heard that before, a couple of times) so need to get it painted and put together by then and will get the rest sorted over winter probably ready for next summer.

IMAG0675_zpse864aebf.jpg

On another note, thinking about Mk1 Golf Bilstein B6 shocks but they look a bit too short stroke