Tips for installing BC Coilovers to my ‘73 240z?

Graeme - CZ

Club Member
Hello everyone,

So I’ve got hold of my BC Coilovers, which I will attempt to install next month. Since many of you have done this upgrade already, I thought I’d ask if any of you had some tips to share? I’d really appreciate it, as I’m sure there are a few steps for me to go through.

Given I’m not going to be using the car on a track, I was not planning on grinding away metal from my strut tops to allow for easy camber adjustment.

Thanks all, Graeme

0f7bc67fc8d37d79832459c71d39bebe.file

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jay.

Club Member
Are you planning on grinding & welding them yourself? Once you dissamble your existing struts it's fairly straightforward how they go together. The instructions are 'okay', only thing you need to be careful of is installing the correct coilover to the correct corner.

It's also worth ordering a new set of bushings whilst you're down there!

Graeme - CZ

Club Member
Are you planning on grinding & welding them yourself? Once you dissamble your existing struts it's fairly straightforward how they go together. The instructions are 'okay', only thing you need to be careful of is installing the correct coilover to the correct corner.

It's also worth ordering a new set of bushings whilst you're down there!

Hi Jay. No, I’ll find somewhere in Edinburgh to get that done. I’ve never done any welding before. Yes, I’ve got bushes and various other joint replacements. Thanks, G

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jay.

Club Member
Hi Jay. No, I’ll find somewhere in Edinburgh to get that done. I’ve never done any welding before. Yes, I’ve got bushes and various other joint replacements. Thanks, G

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did you get these fitted?

Graeme - CZ

Club Member
Hello all,

I've started the process of installing my BC's. Will re-install soon.

I have a question related to the camber adjustment? I don't really want to grind away metal, so would rather just choose a default setting. Can anyone advise on how best to setup the camber for everyday use? Car will never be on track.

Many thanks, Graeme

johnymd

Club Member
Yes. I can get a more accurate measurement tomorrow and take a picture showing the room you have.

johnymd

Club Member
This is the limit as you can see. 6mm movement will give about 2mm clearance.

Attachments

• BF1223AF-5273-44F5-B3C0-EABB8E8A9D57.jpeg
    BF1223AF-5273-44F5-B3C0-EABB8E8A9D57.jpeg
    166.4 KB · Views: 49

Graeme - CZ

Club Member
Thanks for all the tips. That’s the fronts on...wow, what a difference. It’s fair to say my California originals were seriously past their best.