Tie rod ends

Matt Berry

Club Member
Needing to buy some new tie rod ends but get given a right hand/right hand thread option, and a right hand/left hand thread option. Not sure which to choose, and I don’t have the steering rack with me. From what I’ve read it’ll be the right hand/left hand option, it’s a RHD rack from a 260Z

Turn & Burn

Club Member
I’ll check as soon as I’m in the garage today.
I believe if u can find the LH thread Tie rod end u are doing really well as they’re generally discontinued. A lot of forum talk I’ve seen has seen people replacing the LH thread tie rod with one from the other side to have RH thread on both.

Matt Berry

Club Member
I believe if u can find the LH thread Tie rod end u are doing really well as they’re generally discontinued. A lot of forum talk I’ve seen has seen people replacing the LH thread tie rod with one from the other side to have RH thread on both.

I’ve read the same, I’m getting a set from Apex Engineered so I’m guessing as long as mine haven’t been replaced at some point it should be the RH/LH option?

Matt Berry

Club Member

I’ve read the same, I’m getting a set from Apex Engineered
I’ve got a 260z and mine are LH & RH.

That’ll do then, they don’t look like they’ve ever been changed

Pondo

Club Member
LH& RH. I believe that’s what Mike (SacCyclone) picked me up for my 240z from t3. I had the same reservations but don’t think it was an issue.

Matt Berry

Club Member
LH& RH. I believe that’s what Mike (SacCyclone) picked me up for my 240z from t3. I had the same reservations but don’t think it was an issue.

Cool, I’ll go with that option then. If they’re wrong I’ll just have to send them back and get the others