Three faults - 3. Mileometer/odometer

Z32dave

Well-Known Forum User
I am in the process of selling my Zed but three faults are making this difficult. The third of these is with the MILEOMETER/ODOMETER.

They were both working OK when I bought the car three years ago but about 18 months ago they both stopped working for no apparent reason. I had a look at them when I removed the clock cluster a year or so ago but could see no obvious reason why they had stopped working.

CAN ANYONE ADVISE WHAT THE CAUSE/REMEDY FOR THIS PROBLEM MIGHT BE?

Cheers - Dave

Mr.F

Inactive
The route for the speed signal is from gearbox sender, direct to speedo and then onwards to HICAS, ECU and auto box ECU.
Check wiring at gearbox and test for signal from sender unit - continuity at the plug should come and go as the rear wheels are rotated with car on stands. Also check continuity from sensor to speedo input (yellow with black stripe and yellow with blue stripe).
If import with converter, then these are sometimes suspect and, as they intercept the signal from the gearbox, may also block its passage if defective...
Loss of speed signal may cause undesirable effects in engine and gearbox performance too...

Z32dave

Well-Known Forum User
The route for the speed signal is from gearbox sender, direct to speedo and then onwards to HICAS, ECU and auto box ECU.
Check wiring at gearbox and test for signal from sender unit - continuity at the plug should come and go as the rear wheels are rotated with car on stands. Also check continuity from sensor to speedo input (yellow with black stripe and yellow with blue stripe).
If import with converter, then these are sometimes suspect and, as they intercept the signal from the gearbox, may also block its passage if defective...
Loss of speed signal may cause undesirable effects in engine and gearbox performance too...

Many thanks, Mike, I'll check the things you've mentioned.