The Telegraph - 'Classic Datsun 240Z' article | The Z Club of Great Britain
  1. The Z Club relies on the support of it's paid members - join the club or renew your membership here.

The Telegraph - 'Classic Datsun 240Z' article

Discussion in 'Press Room' started by Albrecht, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Albrecht

Albrecht Well-Known Forum User

Paul_S likes this.
  2. franky

franky
    Z Club Member

3. Albrecht

Comments section will be funny... We already have "straight copy of a Ferrari" for the bodyshape.

Won't be long before we have "loss of face", "Harikari" (sic) and "Kamikaze" by the looks of it.

4. uk66fastback

uk66fastback
    Z Club Member

What is the history of this yellow Z? Albrecht, when you say 'Nissan UK test fleet 240Z' - do you mean the one car that Nissan UK let motoring hacks avail themselves of when they come a calling, or it was one of the original press cars? The former, surely?

5. chrisvega

chrisvega
    Z Club Member

The name may change, but the message is always on message.
    Keep it up Alan......errr, I mean Sakae Nakajima ;)

Prester John, what a prize knobber !

Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
  6. SeanDezart

SeanDezart
    Z Club Member
    Official Trader

'restored' by The Z Farm a few years back for Nissan UK and loaded to motorists - I believe only Nissan France as an original, untouched (ish) 240Z for which Alan has already supplied some parts.

7. Albrecht

As Sean has said, it's part of the current Nissan UK 'Press Fleet' (they have a few other cars too - most of them later stuff) and was restored, possibly sourced too(?), by The Z Farm a good few years ago now.

Not sure of its history/provenance and I've never looked at it all that closely to be honest.

8. Albrecht

I liked his 'parts bin special' comments, and then going on to talk about the Stag and Capri. His recommendation of the Jensen-Healey GT is like seeing a Vegan giving a review of his fave French cheeses.

SeanDezart likes this.
  9. SeanDezart

SeanDezart
    Z Club Member
    Official Trader

Hang on - I must comment too later....