00113_2008_Aston_Martin_V8_Vantage.jpg

2009-MW-Design-Aston-Martin-V8-Vant.jpg

aston_martin_amv8_vantage_2003_02_m.jpg

aston-martin-v8-vantage-2009.jpg

aston-martin-v8-vantage-2008-coupe-.jpg

_wallpaper_sportscars_Aston-Martin-.jpg

Aston-Martin_Vantage_AMV8_1024x768_.jpg

2009685214_2009_ASTON_MARTIN_V8_VAN.jpg

And then there is the V12 version, which is of course the one I'd choose even though it loses some of it's purity of line with the vented bonnet.

medium_2309838637_d0c75ac708_o.jpg

aston-martin-vantage.jpg

aston-martin-v12-vantage.jpg

aston-martin_vantage-v12_r1_09.jpg

2009AstonMartinV12VantageNurburgrin.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
i must admit the orange car does stand out from the rest ,orange one for me please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zedhead260

Well-Known Forum User
No, stubby, lovely big chunky number plate holder at the front and beginning to look just a tadge too Merc SLR - possible client target ?

Miura !

miura - Google Images

It's the stubby-ness that appeals. The SLR has longer front proportions (and is over fussy with the detail).
slr.jpg

Having a front plate is an unfortunate consequence of vehicle licensing - Miura's need them too.
800px-MiuraP400S1968Fro.jpg

I find the Aston perfect which ever angle you look at it.
Nice car though the Miura is, I couldn't say the same thing about it.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Stubby is just the current fashion - in two years' time - your Aston will look dated. Let it live it's 15 minutes :) !

JEZ 280ZX

Well-Known Forum User
The latest Astons don't do it for me.I see them everyday as the factory's just down the road and they don't have much road presence....could be a Jag...could be an a Aston?!...Too effeminate!
I prefer the brutish looks of the 70's/80's V8 Vantage cars!

367491.jpg

367495.jpg

zedhead260

Well-Known Forum User
Stubby is just the current fashion - in two years' time - your Aston will look dated. Let it live it's 15 minutes :) !

That's a fair point. It will be interesting to see how well it ages (15 years).

I disagree on stubby being current fashion - I love the S30 coupe's stubby-ness and many other classics.

zedhead260

Well-Known Forum User
The latest Astons don't do it for me.I see them everyday as the factory's just down the road and they don't have much road presence....could be a Jag...could be an a Aston?!...Too effeminate!

The Jag XK8 series 1 always looked wrong to me and not a patch on the contemporary DB7. The new XK8 is much nicer, but again sinks into the shadows when next to the Aston.
I agree there is a similarity, but that will be the case on most cars which have the same layout i.e front engine rear drive coupe.
For me the "baby" Aston executes the look to perfection.

Yes it is brutish.......... not beautiful though :)

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
The '70s Vantage look is unrefined (like the engine ?) - the roof/side window line and the door are almost as if they're made of fibre-glass - they haven't improved the profile since the DB5.

Stubby and chunky (especially interior controls etc) - look at the TT, the new 370Z - sleek with curves is out - grunt and agression are in (is this a reflection upon the social tims ?).

Just like big size wheels, ZG arches and wing mirrors on Zeds - a passing fad.

rhanagar

Well-Known Forum User

367491.jpg

367495.jpg

I am in total agreement with you here, I like the agressive front end, and brutish looks. Much akin to the looks of the Ford Boss Mustang from the 70's and the later generation GT version. For more run of the mill cars I also like the Galant VR4 (including the estate)

img00026.jpg

19696_19418.jpg

JakTheRuby

Club Member
Has to be Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale for me. I remember the first time I saw one (it was in Sega GT I think), I was bowled over. The lush curves with the 'power-ass' just makes me feel funny (in a naughty way).

1968-Alfa-Romeo-33-Stradale.jpg

1968-Alfa-Romeo-33-Stradale-Back.jpg

So, so purdy!

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Always loved Astons, I agree with you Zedhead :thumbs:. I like the blue one but to be honest any would do.

Just wish people would pronounce it AstOn Martin not Astin Martin.

nickz32

Well-Known Forum User
Has to be Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale for me. I remember the first time I saw one (it was in Sega GT I think), I was bowled over. The lush curves with the 'power-ass' just makes me feel funny (in a naughty way).

1968-Alfa-Romeo-33-Stradale.jpg

1968-Alfa-Romeo-33-Stradale-Back.jpg

So, so purdy!

Completely agree!

farstar

Well-Known Forum User
I think Sean's on my wavelength on this thread...

How about the Talbot Lago Teardrop? Bugatti Type 57 Atlante? Bizzarrini 5300? 250GTO? Iso Grifo?

Saying that, I do love all the cars mentioned. I've always had a soft spot for the old Aston V8's, especially the 80's Vantage spec...

samuri-240

Well-Known Forum User
I love the 70's/80's Astons also, but the first car I would buy if I won the lotto would be a De Tomaso Pantera, always had a soft spot for these cars I think they are gorgeous :thumbs:.