The list of things to do

Russ

Club Member
Hello,

Ok thought here would be a good place to put a list of things to do and as I do them I can add them to the completed list. It's also a place for suggestions and discussion, I'll edit this post to reflect progress.

TO DO
  • Change the calendar so it lists events upcoming
  • Give the appropriate people admin rights to the gallery so they can approve photos
  • Set up/test mailing list
  • Sort the colour scheme out
  • Better webpage logo
  • Include "all the cars" phrase in various places
  • Add latest gallery pic to homepage
  • Transfer remains of previous site (for links directory waiting on ver 3 of vblinks software to be released)

GLITCHES
  • Links system is crap

DONE
  • Test upload of movies to the gallery and then enable (not tested yet)
  • Add admin only forum for discussion and more importantly use it as a place to move dodgy threads, this holding bay will then allow other admin to agree that the post is unsuitable and remove it. This prevents power crazed admins and people getting told off for deleting what others consider to be legit threads.
  • Get the news working properly and check appropriate people have access
  • Move all the classifieds across and update view hits
  • Recent threads not getting valid date, showing 1970s. [Fixed itself]
  • Photopost getting usernames confused (seems to have passed)
  • Updated gallery software (4.1.0,4.1.5,4.5.1,4.6.0)
  • Made admins super mods instead to help prevent possible accidental problems
  • Get the gallery showing the normal forum/homepage header

Future projects
  • Group specific websites
  • Better comittee related e-mail address system
  • Club member only features/distinction
  • Online advertisements on front page
  • Update of shop catalog software (35% complete)
  • Revies section

That's just what I've come up with off the top of my head, I'm sure we discussed more Steve?

have someone to take on the links section and enter us on the webrings can you get links set up working STEVE

Now to try to fix this news!

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
russ
did you set up my admin pass word as want to load up an article on main website

I know you set it up when we were having the trial run but since we uploaded properly can't seem to gain access to enter things

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
Russ
still getting some messages and some application forms though to the old compuserve address not all of them but a few
want to close this account soon but not untill messages etc from z club stop coming through

Russ

Club Member
Steve: Tonight I'm fixing the gallery I think but please hassle me to do more work over the next few weeks as lately I've been slacking. Also where is your old address to mate? If you can hunt them down I'll go fix em straight away.

Cheers

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
Hi Russ
a few urgent jobs
1/can we get the latest club mag slot back on the home page
2/can you get my access to articles etc sorted as would like to format the FAQ section as text and headings are a mess also need to update the contacts page as it is out of date
3/is there any way we can alter the latest posts section to show who the latest post is from instead of showing the thread starter
4/get access sorted for Jezz for the lincs page ( this don't look good for us as it is bare)
4/split the club shop from the back issues
5/work on the calander (one of my pet hates)

you asked me to chase you (oh can't add a smilley when using the new Post Reply Box (smilley)used this instead

Russ

Club Member
Ok well I have given up on this list and now am relying on my white board. It just changed too fast to maintain this thread :p