The JDM collection grows... and Dixie has some competition for my time. | The Z Club of Great Britain
  1. The Z Club relies on the support of it's paid members - join the club or renew your membership here.

The JDM collection grows... and Dixie has some competition for my time.

Discussion in 'General discussion' started by richiep, May 2, 2021.

1. richiep

richiep
    Z Club Member

Bucket list car collection slot ticked off! Just bought this...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Feeling very chuffed! 1975 Japanese market Toyota RA25 Celica Liftback. Imported from Japan last year, running driving, with excellent bodywork. I’ll be it’s first registered U.K.owner. Just needs fettling and getting up to my personal standard. Unfortunately not a twin cam but is the 2.0l 18r, which shares a bottom end with the 18rg, so longer term I will be going twin cam with possibly ITBs to give it the punch I want. It also comes with some beautiful 2000GT seat covers with the black basket weave and Celica logo embossing, so I’ll be able to get rid of the plaid! Lowering springs and Watanabes are very likely, although I do like the original but skinny alloys.

There will also be a pair of short stalk Datsun 510 chrome mirrors coming up for sale once I’ve taken them off the Celica and put some proper Toyota style ones on!!

Hopefully taking delivery in the next few days once storage is sorted.

niroshann, IbanezDan51, Ped and 13 others like this.
  2. Mr Tenno

Mr Tenno
    ZClub Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

Oooo lovely! :coolgleam:

3. uk66fastback

uk66fastback
    Z Club Member

Lovely and new versions of those plaid seats would be superb! Original is best for these surely?!

4. Rob Gaskin

Rob Gaskin Treasurer Staff Member Moderator

Love the look including the wheels. Yep Twin Cam would put the top hat on it.

richiep likes this.
  5. Huw

Huw
    Z Club Member

Lovely Richie, very very nice!

6. richiep

richiep
    Z Club Member

Nah, the replacement black basket weave vinyl kit will look SO much better - trust me! The seat kit is made by a guy down in NZ who has a 3-year waiting list - they are that nice!

7. uk66fastback

uk66fastback
    Z Club Member

I meant the whole car - not just the seats!

8. richiep

richiep
    Z Club Member

Ha! Don’t worry, it’ll be staying pretty standard, other than getting the upgrade to full 2000GT spec, which will most likely be based on its existing engine, unless I manage to source a full 18rg for rebuild. Cosmetics will be limited to maybe a front lip spoiler, side stripes, new emblems, etc. It’s had a previous exterior repaint and doesn’t need much attention in that respect. Underside also totally solid, just could do with a different finish (has a sort of shiny black underbody paint - would be nicer with black Raptor). The engine bay and inside of bonnet needs a repaint, but that can be part of the fettling assuming I pull the engine in the winter. Overall, it’ll be pretty close to stock, other than engine mechanical upgrades and related bits (4-speed swapped to 5-speed, 2000GT LSD, etc). But for the moment, once registered, it’ll just be about enjoying thing on the road.

9. peter_s

peter_s
    Z Club Member

Congrats! Love those cars, seems like a cracking example

10. Bazzateer

Bazzateer
    Z Club Member

Very nice! My O level maths teacher had one back in the late 70s early 80s.

11. JK240

JK240
    Z Club Member

That’s lovely Rich. Where did you find that...!!!

That’s just typical, I’ve been after some of them for a while and have just bought a set from Yahoo Jpn...!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 3, 2021
  12. candy red

candy red
    Z Club Member

Now that’s a lovely looking car Richie understated style :coolgleam: hope you’ve got garage space for your ever growing collection ;)
    Hope Mrs Richie loves your collection as much as you and there’s no divorce looming :D

13. SeanDezart

SeanDezart Well-Known Forum User

Very nice.

How're you going to make it handle, especially on a damp surface?

14. richiep

richiep
    Z Club Member

Yeah, I’ve got full buy-in from Kerry on this one - she really liked it. Just need to add some proper inertia reel belts in the back for the kids and she’ll be happy.

I did have to choose between this and a new Mustang though; looks like I’m sticking with the 2004 Civic Type R as my daily for the next couple of years!

Garaging will be “off site” given ongoing Dixie work at home. It’ll be living the same place as the red Z.

15. richiep

richiep
    Z Club Member

Wigan! So just a dash round the M60 and up the M61. The guy who imported it actually has another RA25 2000GT that he’s had for a few years, but also has a KGC110 Kenmeri Skyline, among other Jap cars. He’s a total Jap car addict!

franky and JK240 like this.
  16. datsfun

datsfun
    Z Club Member

He is a big Toyota fan. :)

richiep likes this.
  17. AD240Z

AD240Z
    Z Club Member

Very nice . I like that a lot .........

18. Rob Gaskin

Rob Gaskin Treasurer Staff Member Moderator

It is a car with 'style' so lacking these days.

It just needs to be a TC.

A car that looks sporty needs to be sporty.

Good buy Rich.

19. datsfun

datsfun
    Z Club Member

Agreed. Same as a S30 needs a s20 to be sporty:smash:

franky likes this.
  20. franky

franky Well-Known Forum User

Yeah, I didn't understand that either.