The "Bands to See Before One of Us Dies" Tour

Gio

Well-Known Forum User
This is something me and the better half have been on since we got to *cough* a certain age and realised that some of our fave bands were even older. Been to some great gigs, mostly sitting down these days arf arf. Still, I once fell asleep in a bass bin at a Hawkwind concert so there you go. 2012's been busy and 2013 is going to be a cracker. Why am I so happy this week? Got tickets for this:
ffposter2.jpg

Down down down down down down down down down ((c) NME 1975). We saw the current incarnation in Oxford a year or so back and jolly good they were too. But nothing beats the classic line up. Last saw them in the studio when they recorded the video for Rockin' All Over The World and I just missed out being the replacement bass player. Still got the jacket though :cool:

bigblock

Well-Known Forum User
Hawkwind an aquired taste lol,thank god lemmy saw sense and left:).Saw hawkwind and others at rock and blues custom show few years back, lemmy did a show at blues as well can't remember if different year,got the unofficial?video tapes of most shows.

status

Well-Known Forum User
i played with hawkwinds keyboard player last year,he is about 64 give or take and that sound on the intro of silver machine comes out of a wooden box that he had on stage,saw quo for about the 9th time at Glastonbury torr last year,they played a lot of their 70s album stuff,absolutely superb,going to see Bon Jovi in june,got standing right at the front,i wont say how much the tickets were,also want to see Rush but their tickets are even more expensive

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
the Quo have been doing adverts for Coles (OZ supermarket) down down down down down under !!!!

Gio

Well-Known Forum User
the Quo have been doing adverts for Coles (OZ supermarket) down down down down down under !!!!
My god, you're right :rofl:
[youtube]GdV4pr4frd4[/youtube]
And for status/bigblock, weirder still, Hawkwind used in a recent Ford ad: something from Space Ritual, I think.[youtube]l274PJTsejU[/youtube]

status

Well-Known Forum User
yeah the old keyboard player forget his name,i deped for my mates originals band,he aint a keyboard player really,allegedlly that was wot my mate said,did use to see Iron Maiden down the Ruskin arms,they was on every other saturdy,there was an even better band that done the other saturday called angelwicth,they were superb,iron maiden still play there ocasionally but only a few would know if they were on,not sure if that still happens,i will make some enquiries,also heard that quo also do it down there,

bigblock

Well-Known Forum User
i played with hawkwinds keyboard player last year,he is about 64 give or take and that sound on the intro of silver machine
Funnily enough you mentioning silver machine(and not pinching mikes avatar).As mentioned i'm not a great fan of hawkwind but at the mo my lad is sorting out vhs tape to dvd of RBCS at donington 2001 with hawkwind interview in hospitality tent, they mention memory of 82 donington Monsters of Rock and quo and the rest getting mud slung at em.Couldn't find any footage anywhere on net of 2001 interview?.Hawkwind DVD Trading

Attachments

• startlingstories01 (Large).jpg
    startlingstories01 (Large).jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited by a moderator: