Thanks Mike!

Russell

Club Member
Just wanted to put a thread up to thank Mike at MJP for transforming my 260z!

The gearbox has always had a lot of slop and finally getting round to looking into it, discovered that there were no bushes whatsoever in the linkage or a rubber boot.

A quick call to Mike and he had the bushes and boot on the shelf along with the brake pads I needed.
8am the following morning and everything arrived.

Everything now fitted and the gearbox feels like brand new :driving:

No more nursing it into gear or going from 5th to reverse!

Cheers Mike, truly great service :thumbs:

candy red

Club Member
Hi Russell Ive just changed the bushes in my gear lever linkage this week too ,what a difference ,No more annoying rattle when excelerating as there were no bushes in the joint at all, also supplied by Mike thanks:thumbs::)

Derrick

Stockdale

Club Member
I sourced new billet bushes in the USA a couple of years ago (meant to be the DB!). I took them along to the Z Farm for fitting and they promptly dismissed them and fitted a nylon type as original (I imagine they were sourced from Mike). Another lesson learned not be too taken in by USA claims of superior performance parts. Just like Russell and Derrick though the transformation is astonishing and the gear change now is almost crisp.

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
I'm not so sure Derrick - all that extra weight might slow me down!

Russell

Club Member
I just thought it was a quirk of an old gearbox and was going to put an S14 box in until I took the gear stick out.
Still have to nurse second a bit though!

candy red

Club Member
Took me about 15 minutes to change sooooo easy if your struggling with gear change this might be the easy fix :)