Temperature gauge drops down when I accelerate?

shadowman

Well-Known Forum User
Hi guys,

Has anyone ever had this problem? Thought I might throw the question out there to
the Z members and find out if this is an easy fix or another expensive repair.

When I accelerate hard the needle on the temperature gauge jerkily flicks down indicating that the engine is running cooler. When I lift off the gas it jumps back to normal. Could it be a temperature sensor issue or is my water pump about to fail?

The last time my water pump failed it was half way up the ramp of a multi storey car park and the noise and vibration was terrible. I had a look at the pump and the fan attached and can't see and play or cracks in the water pump housing or any water leaks.

Has anyone had any similar experience?

Thanks

Legrath

Well-Known Forum User
Your temp gauge sender connector has a bad connection. When you accelerate the engine moves and it loses connection.

Its the smaller of the two connectors on the metal waterpipe between the radiator and engine. Check for corrosion on the connector and sender, and that it sits tightly on.

shadowman

Well-Known Forum User
Your temp gauge sender connector has a bad connection. When you accelerate the engine moves and it loses connection.

Its the smaller of the two connectors on the metal waterpipe between the radiator and engine. Check for corrosion on the connector and sender, and that it sits tightly on.

Cheers Legrath! :thumbs:

shadowman

Well-Known Forum User

Mate, you were spot on!

I checked the setup and the terminal the plug sits on was wobbling about like nobody's business! have adjusted and all is right with the world now. :D

Many thanks