Techno Toys

datsun dave

Club Member
Anybody bought from Techno Toys in USA just looked at the shipping costs they are 200 dollars for the Mustache bar and drop mounts and dogbone kit.

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Yes, I hear that! Hence I'm making my own R/T diff mount for under £30 v £150 from them. The postage is a killer especially when VAT is added at this end. :(

richiep

Club Member
Shipping from the US has become painfully expensive. USPS International rates are hideous. This is why I'm now moving to having smaller parts sent to my brother-in-law in Cape Cod, so that family members can bring stuff back here in luggage! The two JDM emblems I just bought would've been £40 postage to the UK, plus duty. Instead, I brought them home in my carry-on bag!

The TSA also missed the two cans of highly flammable Permatex rust treatment spray in the checked bags!

datsfun

Club Member
Fear not, once we are sovereign again, we will be in charge of our borders and lead trade deals and will be able to dictate our terms. That's what many believe :)

So postage and all related tariffs will reduce. And the £ will regain it's value and get to the dizzy heights of 2:1.

honest:rolleyes:

datsfun

Club Member
Following on from ^ %post , parts for our cars from US and elsewhere should become cheap as post 2019.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
There has been an initiative proposed elsewhere on this form to group UK produce the S30 anti-roll bars - an idea which I for one support.

The remaining ancillaries, bushes etc can be bouhht from the USA in kit form or singley without too much excessive shipping/customs charges.

Woody928

Events Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Not much you can do about it, I got lucky very recently with my dad literally passing the door of techno toy tuning and kindly picking up a few parcels that came back in the hold for our project. Postage from the US will be expensive for the next few years and who know which way it will go after that.

If you have any US contacts or friends planing on going over then they're your best bet. Alternatively if any members have any cars coming over you could ask if they'd let you drop parts in their car coming over to save on shipping/import costs all together.

ZedsDead

Well-Known Forum User
I bought loads of stuff from T3 and you're right, shipping and customs were horrendous. The worst bit was that when they sent the first order they forgot to put some of the parts in. I'd paid the duty for those parts because they were on the first invoice. When they sent the second parcel which actually had them in, they didn't mark it correctly with customs so I ended up having to pay the duties on that again too. So for some of the parts I got from them I actually ended up having to pay duties twice!

To be honest, if you can do a drawing of those parts, they're very easy to make. I have the majority of the rear end parts available from T3 and I think I'll still machine my own drop mounts to replace the T3 ones. If you can do a drawing, it wouldn't be too expensive to get the parts you need machined. That's what I'll do when I do my next build.

Don't get me wrong, the T3 stuff is nice. I'm just saying that if you have skills/resources available to you then you can easily make a lot of it and save getting fleeced by customs.