TattonPark

richiep

Club Member
I might visit the auto jumble on Saturday am, but that will be it. We used to have a club stand without fail both at the June and August shows, but interest has waned over the last few years - and with it my enthusiasm for organising it. Plus, the new show runners who bought out Cheshire Auto Promotions suck IMO. They stopped inviting us to take part and I had a pretty unsatisfactory email exchange with them where they claimed to have no record of the Z Club’s past participation. So screw them tbh. The show used to appeal for the social element on the stand, but beyond that, it’s stuck in a time warp, with the same old stuff every year. Plus, public entry prices have risen.

If the weather holds off, I may do Capesthorne Hall tomorrow though. A few hours sitting in a field chilling out!

Regionally, the Oulton Park Gold Cup in August is the main focus nowadays.

hedgehogdodger

Well-Known Forum User
Yes i agree with some of your points but it is local to myself so if the weather is good i will take my car.

I have received my passes for the Sunday and you do meet some interesting people there.

Will also be going to Oulton Park in August.

richiep

Club Member
We used to have a good stand there every year, but ultimately boredom and a few local cars off the road contributed to it becoming a chore to get enough cars both days to justify the stand booking. We might have ten one day and two the next.

I’d have popped over to see you and the car on Sunday, but it’s my eldest daughter’s 8th birthday party, so it’s all hands to the pump!

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
contributed to it becoming a chore to get enough cars both days to justify the stand booking.

This is why anyone organising an event/day out/ pub meet etc should always pick a place you are happy to go to on your own then you will never be disappointed with the turn out and it then never becomes a chore

richiep

Club Member
So, went to Tatton with my five year-old daughter in tow (she was really good actually) to pick up some supplies from the autojumble. It wasn’t a Z or Japanese nostalgic-free zone:
gShEqAA.jpg

Phil (Seikoking) was there on a stand - 260Z looking good. And just outside the gate in the public car park was a familiar form...
R6IyUsN.jpg

Rob Gaskin’s old Z. Had a chat with its current owner and a guy from NZ who is restoring a GC10 Hakosuka Skyline sedan with an L-series 3.1 stroker.

Also, Mazda RX-3:
Ym0tIHx.jpg

a0mM4SK.jpg

Also saw a nice TA22 Celica and a couple of really nice mk1 Honda Civics.

Still, much of the show is stuck in a rut, and the admission price has gone up, but there were a few interesting bits and bobs. After taking last year and this one off, I might book a stand for June next year and see if there’s enough interest to make it worthwhile again. If not, other clubs can use the space.

hedgehogdodger

Well-Known Forum User
some nice looking cars will be there tomorrow in my fairlady may have a spare ticket if my lad dosnt take my skyline