Tatton Park Passion for Power Show - August 20th-21st

richiep

Club Member
Hi all,

Time to get bookings done for Tatton Park show #2 in August. Please PM me/post interest. Usual details needed, i.e. name, address, car model, registration, days attending (Sat/Sun/both). I need to get this sorted ASAP.

Hopefully we can have a little better attendance than the woeful display in June. :( Some mechanical and other issues meant that we lost a good chunk of attendees and on the Sunday, which was beautiful weather and the busiest I've ever seen the show punter-wise, we had two cars, making our stand look like cr@p.

Another badly attended show in August and I will probably stop organising this (the club has been attending for many years, long before I joined in 2003). I can't be bothered making the effort anymore. Use it or lose it. :rolleyes:

coopd

Forum User
I've not yet registered for the event but if I can get on the stand I'll definitely get down:)

chrisvega

Well-Known Forum User
Rich who organises the show is in Italy at the moment so may be a slight delay in replying to your question Coopd, but he should be able to get you in as a late entry.
Send him a pm with your reg. details.

richiep

Club Member
Update: got home from Italy to find some Tatton passes. As I feared, only four passes and NO CLUB STAND. The p1ss poor turnout in June was cited as a reason. The passes I have got are for general/non-club display. We can only park together if we all arrive as a group. Otherwise we'll be spread around the non-club area. The way it is spelled out on the forms I've had is quite embarrassing TBH. They do take notice when we have a ten car plot with only two cars on it at a massively oversubscribed show...

Ironic how there are now another four or five cars potentially wanting to go. I will call tomorrow to see what the late entry situation is, but I suspect it will be a no go. So the lesson is let me know for definite if you want to come via the forum when I first ask so we don't end up sh1t out of luck on club stand.

RIDDLER

Well-Known Forum User
Blimey. Must be very frustrating for you Richie. But you can understand the stance taken by the show organisers. No fault of yours but embarrassing for the club though. Would be good to park together. Do you know whereabouts? Do the passes say? And what time do you want us there? I will fit in with you. Rob

richiep

Club Member
sorry to hear this was looking forward to this

In your case Phil, I also have to chase up why they didn't send me a pass for your first car, as I did have it on the list I sent them. :confused:

I'll report back once I spoken to CAP, but my advice at this point for anyone down for Tatton or wanting to go, is to contact Steve Kemp and go to Oulton Park Gold Cup as well/instead at the bank holiday weekend at the end of the month (see his thread - there's still a few more days to sign up for that FOC). It'll be a better attended event by the club for sure, with an actual club area.