Tatton Park Car Show

hedgehogdodger

Well-Known Forum User
Hi are there any members going to the classic shows at Tatton Park this year or do we have a stand at the show.

richiep

Club Member
We had a stand for many years but attendance had been tailing off and the change of ownership of Cheshire Auto Promotions who run it resulted in us not getting a stand last year (I had a pretty unsatisfactory exchange with someone at the new organisers that was the last straw). I've been organising the stand for probably a decade or more and we were doing it for many years prior to that, but I just don't think its worth continuing as a club booking. It's very much a case of been there, done that many times over and no real evolution of the show or autojumble. People are bored of it basically!

There's nothing to stop individual bookings but you need to get in early either way. Adding to my ire last year was the disorganisation exhibited; after we got blown off with respect to a stand at the June show, I asked if we could book a few cars as individual display entries. I was told that they were fully booked up (this was 4-6 weeks prior to the event). I went on the Saturday as a visitor to hit the autojumble and saw that vast swathes of the individual display area were empty...

chrisvega

Well-Known Forum User
We have a meet at Oulton Park Gold Cup which is last bank holiday weekend in August.
Display package/entry ticket is free for 'fully paid up' Z Club members.

richiep

Club Member
I’ve already booked the club in at Oulton for the Gold Cup. I’ll post some info about it this weekend as you can already order passes.