Talk about last minute - GOLD CUP STAND APPROVED

richiep

Club Member
Just had an approval for the club stand at the Oulton Park Gold Cup. Nothing like leaving it till the last minute!

Obviously, people may have made other plans at this point but it is now an option to get a free club stand place via the MSV website display car booking system. When it asks if you want to display with a club, you should be able to select The Z Club of GB from the drop-down.

I’ll post a full step by step to booking later on if people want/need it. I’ll probably go for a day if the weather is okay.

Mr Tenno

Digital Officer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Anybody who is going - please take loads of pictures of the Zeds - we need some 2020 pictures for the front of the site! :thumbs:

Tony Mc

Club Member
I might chance it.
It will be my first journey over 200 yards in the car I have had for 13 months.
Breakdown cover - tick
Tow rope - tick
Fire extinguisher - tick
Tool kit - tick
Spare fuses - tick
Battery booster - tick
St Christopher - tick
Get out of family do - TBC

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I've booked for the 3 days but will only attend on one. Not sure which yet.

Attachments

• Provisional-Timetable-Oulton-Park-V1-2020-1.pdf
    115.3 KB · Views: 8
  • Provisional-Entry-List-Oulton-Park-Gold-2020.pdf
    46.1 KB · Views: 4

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
How does it work? Do I buy a ticket and THEN I can book onto the club stand? do I need a code our anything like that?

richiep

Club Member
You need to have an MSV account created, which is necessary for all ticket purchases or show pass requests at MSV venues.

You don’t need to buy a ticket - you just need to apply for a free display pass as a club member. Once you are logged in to your MSV account, go here:

https://shop.msv.com/DisplayCar/Register/OP-20-Gold-Cup
Accept the terms and conditions and then on the next page select displaying “with a club” then choose The Z Club of GB from the drop-down menu. On the next screen choose your day (only Sunday or Monday left). Then select your vehicle (which you should have saved on your MSV account). Your request will be submitted for approval. They are processing them quickly, given I requested my pass earlier on and it is already approved. After approval you will be able to finish the process and print your pass. Passes are reg-specific and passengers will need paid tickets - only the driver gets in free.

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
You need to have an MSV account created, which is necessary for all ticket purchases or show pass requests at MSV venues.

You don’t need to buy a ticket - you just need to apply for a free display pass as a club member. Once you are logged in to your MSV account, go here:

Accept the terms and conditions and then on the next page select displaying “with a club” then choose The Z Club of GB from the drop-down menu. On the next screen choose your day (only Sunday or Monday left). Then select your vehicle (which you should have saved on your MSV account). Your request will be submitted for approval. They are processing them quickly, given I requested my pass earlier on and it is already approved. After approval you will be able to finish the process and print your pass. Passes are reg-specific and passengers will need paid tickets - only the driver gets in free.
thanks Richie [emoji1303]

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator

hmm no luck. I'm signed in and go to that page and I get "unfortunately this event has not been setup for display vehicle registration yet".

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jon, as far as I remember when you are in your account go to 'Show Car' and it will give you a list of events to chose from. Then you select the club you are showing with. It worked for me.

richiep

Club Member
That link was part way through the process - maybe it doesn't always work right as a result. I thought it might save a few clicks...

Anyway, once logged in to your account, select from the Menu "Events & Tickets", and then "Show Car Applications". That should show you events you are registered for already but also shows you events you can apply for. Click on the Gold Cup there and proceed as per what I noted above.

Tony Mc

Club Member
I have just spoken to MSV and they said entries are closed and only Rob & Richie will be able to get their Zeds on site.

richiep

Club Member
I have just spoken to MSV and they said entries are closed and only Rob & Richie will be able to get their Zeds on site.
Really? FFS. I only just received the email from MSV yesterday! What a shitshow. Chris Exley got an individual display pass so I guess that makes three, but dear me...

Tony Mc

Club Member
The guy said it would have been an automated email to the club. They had to close all applications to give them time to plan the display area layout.
What day(s) are you going?

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I went along today and it was great to be back attending a race meeting. I was the only Datsun, apparently Mr Ex Jnr went yesterday. I met up with an old Z friend Mark Warburton (not in his 240).

I don't understand that business about sorting the display area.

20200831_153520.jpg

Mr Ex Jnr

Club Member
Hi Rob yeah me and Dave Porter were Repping the Zclub Sunday only us 2 was there :) still some.rare cars here tho :)

2x r32 Gtr of Rockwood motorsport built

Got.meet Rick wood too :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200831-063448.jpg
    Screenshot_20200831-063448.jpg
    541.5 KB · Views: 14