Talbot Matra Rancho

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Yeh I liked those. My dad has had 2 Talbot Alpines and I think they were similar mechanically. Basically Simca.

The styling was ahead of its time bit SUV.

Huw

Club Member
Yeeess. Not wanting to knock the positive vibes going on in the thread for this vehicle BUT.

I had one for a bit. Bought it because of the styling and I was young and didn’t know a lot about cars. Hated it after driving around for a couple of days in it. Two wheel drive and utterly gutless, rattled and squeaked all over the shop. Sold it a month after buying it.

On the positive side the one in the advert looks in far better condition to the pile I bought all those years ago.

Fairlineguy

Club Member
Yes I have to own up I am the owner.
Tbh she is a real survivor totally solid . There are only 2 showing as tax on how many are left.
Real figure is no more that half a dozen by all accounts.
Something a bit unusual.
Really the first people carrier suv in away Matra went on to work with Renault after this
With the Espace .

Mr.G

Club Member
I worked with Geoff for a few years and became good friends with him , what a legend he was and is sadly missed

Wow that's pretty amazing, I have heard Geoff was a great mentor to many, the documentary by his son, "The Rise and Fall of Geoffrey Matthews". was very sad viewing.

AD240Z

Club Member
I can’t help but like cars like these , ones that stand out as much today as they did at the time ( good or bad).

Also never knew there was a ‘convertible-ish’ version...,

EDAF39AC-FE3B-4C43-8161-962BF02D3618.jpeg

Bazzateer

Club Member
These were pretty common back in the day. Rotted while you watched though. Loved the styling but hated the rattley Simca engines.