Suprise Gift!

C42

Forum User
Hi Guys
I have lurked on this web site for ages, I was looking for a 240Z and then another project got in the way.
Still looked at various project cars purely out of interest but on 25th December Santa assisted by my wife and son much to my suprise rocked up with a UK supplied RHD 240Z which needs plenty of TLC - well a full restoration really. The car came with a box of bits although it needs plenty more (probably made of unobtanium) and requires a reasonable amount of welding but I have seen worse.
I am just going through the process of registering it in my name which although it came with the every old style V5 the DVLA require photographs of the vin plate with it's position on the car and stamped in chassis number which I have not found yet.

20161225_115736.jpg

Regards
John

Paul_S

Club Member
Hi mate. You've got a lot of work ahead of you but I'm so jealous!

'unobtanium' made me laugh!

yellowz

Club Member
Note to self

Be more ambitious with Christmas List this year.............................

Nice one

Wyn

Club Member
I am just going through the process of registering it in my name which although it came with the every old style V5 the DVLA require photographs of the vin plate with it's position on the car and stamped in chassis number which I have not found yet.

Chassis no would be stamped on the bulk head, above the brake servo area

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Seems like somebody wanted you out of the house. ;)

I'm in Hinckley so not far from you.

TimW

Club Member
Nice one, good luck with the resto

Was that the one in Aylesbury a few months back?

C42

Forum User
Thanks for the replies everyone, I have located the number and I can now send the details off to the DVLA.

Tim, I am not sure if it was in Aylesbury a while back but I know it was picked up from near Rugby.
Sean, both rear arches have been cut - the previous owner was going to make a Ferrari replica with it!
Everyone else - thanks for the welcome, I have to add my wife is very tolerant of me being a petrol head but at least she knows what I am up to!

Regards
John