Sunroof delete

Col-b

Club Member
Morning all i did post something similar on an older thread so sorry if you've seen this. My 74 UK 240Z has an aftermarket sunroof fitted that looks horrible i do have another better quality one to fit if push comes to shove but would rather delete it. Does any one have any experience of fitting the FRP automotive one ? does it just bond over the existing roof and cover the old sunroof hole if so how does it look and does it fit well or do you have to cut away the old roof ? any info would be appreciated. I have attached a picture of the skin.

On another note does any one have a rear hatch for sale mine has had a bodged repair on the bottom edge inner and outer panels rusted or can you buy a repair panel ?

many thanks
Colin

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    886.1 KB · Views: 50

Turn & Burn

Club Member
I’ve got experience of a roof swap, it’s a fairly major job just cutting out the old roof as it’s well fixed, but could give u a few pointers. Lots of people say the roof is a structural component but tbh I think it’s more the structure to which it’s fixed that you definitely shouldn’t cut thro. The roof skin is like paper once is off. You may find that the FRP unit is as strong.
FRP fit is a bit variable I’ve found, from experience I would expect to have to do some fettling. Bonded on with a modern panel adhesive it should be good. I used adhesive on my roof panel but also spot welded thro it.
If u want a new hatch panel I have one from FRP. Yours for £100. Drop me a PM if needs