Sump removal

greghowarth

Club Member
Has anyone out there removed the sump on a z with the engine in the car I would appreciate some advice regards greg

Graeme - CZ

Club Member
Has anyone out there removed the sump on a z with the engine in the car I would appreciate some advice regards greg

Hi Greg. I’m about to have to try the same job. Seems as though it can be removed without jacking the engine. Hoping to give it an attempt at the weekend. G

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr.G

Club Member
Its been a very long time Greg, but i think i did remove the sump in situ. From what i recall it wasnt easy and involved a lot of grazed knuckles.

Hard to get to the bolts and you may need to improvise eg, use a ratchet with a screw bit on the end for some of the bolts. Another hard bit is the oil pickup; it is in the way so even though you undo all the bolts (a feat in itself on some if the hard to access bolts) you still need to slide the pan out considering the pick up...I wish I could remember more to tell you!

greghowarth

Club Member
Thanks for the advice guys .i am slowly improving my communication skills with everyone (showing my age here)sold my 260z reg no apt 199t to Duncan Pearcy who is converting it into a marathon car and now own one of robs old cars UEY 504m a 240z some of this info is on the wrong site so I must apologise regards greg howath