Sub-forums

zedhead260

Well-Known Forum User
Hi,

I've been looking at the sub-forums on this board and feel that some should be amalgamated. My opinion is that the board looks a bit messy and could be made to look simpler.

So here goes my view, let me know what you think.

General

General Discussion / Views & Chit Chat / Soap Box / Anything & Everything are pretty much all the same thing. If you had something to say you could do it in any of those sub-forums. I think they should be condensed into something along the lines of "Down The Pub".

Meetings & Shows

Can't it just be "Meetings and Shows" ? All the current stuff will be at the top of the list anyway and viewers can easily see what's going on by looking at one page.
As for local groups, my personal view is that they are from an era where members had to stay local for ease of communication. Now we have the wibbly wobbly web, it is much easier to stay in touch. I think local groups are a thing of the past and should be scrapped. It makes the club look cliquey and uninviting.

For Sale & Wanted

Keep the link to the classified page, that works well. But I think we should change the title of "non-Z related discussions" to "Ebay link discussions" - I don't really think it matters whether they are Z related or not.

Members Area

How about a new section called "Members Rides" in the same vein as Retro Rides
A place where members can show-case their cars, what they have been doing with them, modifications etc - like a personal blog. With it being locked in the member section, it gives some privacy too.

Comments please :)

Nidge74

New Forum User
How about a new section called "Members Rides" in the same vein as Retro Rides
A place where members can show-case their cars, what they have been doing with them, modifications etc - like a personal blog. With it being locked in the member section, it gives some privacy too.

Isn't that what the gallery is for?

Your other points are valid though, and will requrie consideration

Thanks for your input

grolls

Well-Known Forum User
agreed some valid points, however changing the board for the sake of change is a tad pointless. All of the items are easy to find, even for us pute dim witts...:cool:
I do see your point about the My Ride bit, yes we have a gallery and its a mess as who knows whats there....and who owns what.

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
Hi,
Comments please :)

Think General Discussion / Views & Chit Chat should be combined or one of them moved to the members area as they are both Z related and also think that one of the following Soap Box / Anything & Everything should also be moved to the members area preferably soap box but rename it as either down the pub or the Z lounge

meeting and shows defiantly combine

just been talking to a couple of people at Z008 and they are willing to take over an area and talking to another existing local group organiser and the success of Z008 had made him want to bring his area back to the boil with organising a couple of major shows like Thorsbury Park

I need to talk to you about the classifieds as can't explain the idea I have

members rides I think would be good in the members section

DJZ 60

Well-Known Forum User
I think every idea,every suggestion should be evaluated & looked at. Everything doesnt have to be
implamented,but idea's & suggestions are what are commonly known as' input',& input is healthy
unless you eat enough for three people!
DJZ 60.

Wyn

Club Member
This looks a popular choice :thumbs:

Just look all those new viewers :eek:

d3b14284.jpg