SU HS6 carb spec for Datsun use

toopy

Club Member
I have a pair of HS6's that hopefully i'm soon to be sending off for reconditioning.

I know the recommended needles are SM, but no one ever seems to mention which piston springs they are using or the spec of the damper.
Changed alone or together they obviously make a difference to running conditions, mainly the amount of enrichment or not, on snap throttle opening, maybe that needs to be sorted out on the rolling road ideally, but having an idea of what to have put in there as part of the rebuild would be a good start.

I think i'll ring Burlen as well and ask what spec their Datsun carb kit is, but if possible real world on the road use information from people using them on L series already, standard or tuned would be great. :)

Cheers,

Anthony

Farmer42

Club Member
I have a pair of HS6's that hopefully i'm soon to be sending off for reconditioning.

I know the recommended needles are SM, but no one ever seems to mention which piston springs they are using or the spec of the damper.
Changed alone or together they obviously make a difference to running conditions, mainly the amount of enrichment or not, on snap throttle opening, maybe that needs to be sorted out on the rolling road ideally, but having an idea of what to have put in there as part of the rebuild would be a good start.

I think i'll ring Burlen as well and ask what spec their Datsun carb kit is, but if possible real world on the road use information from people using them on L series already, standard or tuned would be great. :)

Cheers,

Anthony

The spring you need are AUC1170.

The alternative needles are DX but AliK has been playing with different needle types to get different tuning variations & he has posted a write up of what he has been doing. SM& DX will give you a good running tune if you are not looking for specific track performance.