studs

chris frizzell

Club Member
hi can anyone advise me . i want to fit rota rb on my 280z but can i do that on the standard wheel studs i have upgraded the brake with a brake kit from silvermine in the US . clear the brake caliper at the moment with a 10mm spacer on original wheels .so thinking a 35mm offset to clear caliper . it a bit close with 10mm also car sits 40mm lower dont know which to choose 15" or 16"for it to sit well any ideas ? Chris

toopy

Club Member
I have recently had something similar, i bought some new wheels but to get the required 16x8j size i had to have a +10mm off set, and that was enough to just hit the suspension spring.
I will now need a 10mm spacer, but that also means longer wheel studs, as the standard ones will not safely be long enough!

35mm is a lot of off set, clearing a bigger caliper isnt so much a off set issue but a diameter problem, so 16" with 0 off set should be fine.
Plenty on here have Rota wheels, have a search around for previous threads :)

johnymd

Club Member
On my 280z I have the vented Toyota calipers on the front. If this is the kit you have bought then there is plenty of room to clear the back of the wheel without using a spacer. Wheels are RBR's in 15x8 0offset.

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
With the tyres it depends on what tyres you want use as that might dictate what size wheels to use.I have 205,55,16 Toyo Proxes on my 16x8 but 205,60,15 tyres are very limited but if you run 195,50,15 there is plenty of good choices

johnymd

Club Member
I feel the 205/50x15 looks a bit too small in the arch so a 195/50x15 would look even smaller. Good acceleration though.

toopy

Club Member
hi what size would you recommend 15" or 16" and which size tyres ? thanks chris

I believe the standard size is 195 70 14, and obviously on a 14" wheel

To keep the rolling radius approximately the same and therefore keep your speedo accurate, you would have 195 60 15 or 195 50 16
if you want a wider tyre then maybe 225 55 15 as an example

try this for ....err....size!! http://www.willtheyfit.com/ :D

There are more fitment options on tyres in 16" less in 15"