Stolen zed

fastorquer

Club Member
Hi guys,

It's been many years since I've posted on here due to personal circumstances, and it is with great sadness that I now have to due to more heartache. I've been unable to report it until now, but on the 15th of December 2020, my pride and joy was defrauded from where it was kept on my parents driveway. I hadn’t used it for the same many years due to the personal tragedy. It's a heavily modified manual 1991 300zx swb twin turbo targa. A beautiful car - please see the pics. I'd imagine it may take a while for things to appear and perhaps it's even possible the whole car may make an appearance somewhere at some point, but it's most likely it'll pop up as bits. I'll list specifics on parts I either know the fraudsters know already or will be able to easily find out, and keep quiet on others which will be more difficult, so if you guys could keep aware of this on your travels (and inform the local gendarmes if you think you've come across anything!) I'd be much obliged to you -

Z1 Motorsports GT535 turbos - https://www.z1motorsports.com/z1-pr.../z1-300zx-z32-gt535r-bb-turbo-kit-p-3084.html

The engine itself is non-standard (though still is the VG30DETT) - I don't want to reveal the spec and give the fraudsters any "heads-up"

Nismo 555's

Uprated single filter induction

Uprated radiator

Meister R coilovers

Uprated adjustable front and rear upper arms

Uprated roll bars

18" alloys – 8.5” fronts and 9.5” rears

265/35 rear and 235/40 front tyres - Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3's

Urethane front bumper, side skirts and rear valance

Fibreglass rear spoiler

Brembo Gold front brakes

UK clocks

Zed engine bay.jpg Zed front.JPG Zed interior.jpg Zed left.JPG Zed rear.JPG Zed right.JPG

I think that's all I need to list - the pictures should be self-explanatory to you guys as to what is what and what else is what else! Thanks in advance for keeping an eye out - anything which doesn't make things easy for these lovely people will be much appreciated! Please feel free to share as appropriate...............

All the best and keep those Zeds safe out there,

Simon

Mr Tenno

Digital Officer
Staff member
Site Administrator
That's terrible Simon - hopefully there are enough eyes about to spot something.

fastorquer

Club Member
Thanks guys,

Yes - the short version of the story is that a guy driving a recovery truck befriended my parents over a few visits, showed an interest in the car and got my details out of them. He then turned up on the day telling them that he was picking the car up on my behalf. Sadly, not only did they hand him the keys without checking first, they didn't even tell me about this guy looking at the car or that they'd handed a stranger my details! I'm about as certain that I can be without actually knowing that the guys involved are from a certain community.............

Kind regards,

Simon

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Thanks guys,

Yes - the short version of the story is that a guy driving a recovery truck befriended my parents over a few visits, showed an interest in the car and got my details out of them. He then turned up on the day telling them that he was picking the car up on my behalf. Sadly, not only did they hand him the keys without checking first, they didn't even tell me about this guy looking at the car or that they'd handed a stranger my details! I'm about as certain that I can be without actually knowing that the guys involved are from a certain community.............

Kind regards,

Simon

Amazing in so many ways. Can't imagine any insurance liability either.

Your parents must feel awful too. Not even any photos of the truck/driver?

It seems a very unusual and high risk car to steal and relatively low value too (with respect).

Lovely car though it is!

Last edited:

Fairlineguy

Club Member
Sorry to hear this
A few years ago a Porsche 911 disappeared locally in broad daylight under similar circumstances.
Lucky the owner got a lead on the recovery truck and got his car back . ( By his own method)

AD240Z

Club Member
The ‘befriended’ part of that story is the scary and despicable part. I hope your parents are ok.

It’s tough but cars can be replaced . That kind of trick can really undermine and destroy older peoples ( I’m assuming there ) confidence and well-being. Bastards .

uk66fastback

Club Member
That's awful. Some people really deserve a good shoeing ...I hope you can recover the car perhaps or at least track down who stole it.

SacCyclone

Club Member
Very sad, any Ring door bell or Nest camera footage from neighbors in the area????
Surveillance cameras are all the rage here in the states at homes now although still does not deter some members of the criminal crowd.
Good luck.
Mike

fastorquer

Club Member
Yep - the old folks are in their mid/late 70's, so are not at the top of their game! In all honesty, there's a lot more background between the old people and myself - involving the personal tragedy I suffered - so I've not been on the best of terms with them, but there's no point in having a pop at them about this - they're pretty shaken up by it all, and didn't do it on purpose. As far as I know there isn't any direct video footage of the driver - I've had to do most of the investigation myself, and did track down a couple of pieces with the car on the back of the recovery truck. We quickly tracked down the number of the recovery truck driver (and the licence plate) and the guy who purports to now have the car. I even have an apparent name for the recovery truck driver and he actually sent me video footage of him going to drop the car off (claiming my folks had sold the car). That's how brazen these guys are. It also involves a hodge-podge of vehicles with no tax and MOT and recently re-issued V5C's (they even got one for my car - dated the day after it was stolen) and all the evidence so far points to a lawless community that looks after it's own, so it's pretty difficult to deal with, without an army! I can only guess how far the conspiracy may go, but it clearly involves a number of people. We still don't have any idea where the car is, either, but it could have been shifted anywhere in the country by now - or even be in several different places. All the info has been passed to Pc Plod (who's performance has ranged from utterly incompetent to mildly interested so far) and my best hope at the moment, to be honest, is that someday these guys trip up and get caught.............

fastorquer

Club Member
Thank you - I've been back in contact with the police and they are actively following up leads, so I'm hoping both results will come. I'll keep you all up to date on any such results - your thoughts are much appreciated.

Simon

fastorquer

Club Member
Hi guys!

Amazing news today - the car has been found (in one piece - bonus!) and recoevered by the police! A huuuuge thank you to Avon and Somerset police. I can't say any more at this time due to the ongoing investigation, but wanted to share the great news with you all and thank you once more for all your kind thoughts and words. I'm back zedding!!

Kind regards,

Simon

chris frizzell

Club Member
Bet your buzzing i had a motorbike nick by the local dickhead many years ago and got it back with only minimal damage . rethink your security ie cctv ,wheel clamp or steering wheel lock but still great news Chris