Stockpiling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

First off, I had no idea what to tile this thread as, the above seems like the least combative.

I'll also add that my views are my own and just based on what we see here and what i've seen else where with the impacts.

We seem to be in the position where we're facilitating a European supplier effectively stock piling items to drive the price up on these items, which has zero positives for 99.9% of the members here.

I understand its a tricky aspect for the club to contain, also one that i'm not sure if they should have the responsibility or 'power' to control. Nor am I requesting so.

What would be 'nice' would be for those suppliers to restrict these practices as there's not one positive for the club/forum/marque to come from it. Possibly we could word something along these lines.

to have one thing offered for sale, sold at 'market rate', to be stockpiled to restrict flow isn't something we should encourage or support. These aren't new items that people can have made, its just fueling greed.

It is 1000% not the same as someone who has had a lifetime of interest and love for these cars and in doing so has a whole hoard of treasure locked away. Its about individuals taking a few common parts at what are normally a low value and steady supply, then reversing that statement.

Mr Tenno

Digital Officer
Staff member
Site Administrator
The club is aware of the issue and discussing it. Since this post is in the general forum, rather than the club matters (members-only) section, I'm closing it to prevent arguments.

Status
Not open for further replies.